Roof storage on Miniart Kit

Anecdote about transporting empty barrels:
An excavator and truck owner who helped us with some jobs when I was a kid told us about his interactions with the Swedish police (overloaded truck …). Once he spotted them in time and managed to turn into the yard of the local concrete company (they made and sold concrete pipes and delivered ready mixed concrete). He’d rather tip off his overweight load of sand in their yard than get it weighed by the police (sand is cheap, fines are expensive).
Another time they thought they had caught him with an overload since they could see that the load of planks he was carrying was 1 foot above the (high, with extensions) sides of the load bed. Such a high load of planks must be a significant overload so they pull him over. They start weighing the truck and can’t get the sums to add up correctly. They try a few times but simply can not get it to add up to an overload. After a while they ask him about the load. He answers that the bed is filled with empty barrels and the load of planks are on top to make it easier to tie down the load .
“But why didn’t you tell us from the beginning?!?!?”
“You said you wanted to weigh my truck and I had no objections …”

3 Likes