Salisbury Model Show (UK) 3 Jun 23

I forgot to advertise this, or at least draw attention to it; however, my modelling mate Pete Smith runs a Blog and his show report is here:

Pete’s Model World : IPMS Salisbury Model Show (petesmodelworld.blogspot.com)

It went down today and was well worth the visit; for once I made no purchases whatsoever, but there were some really excellent kits on display.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Bit of a bump Chaps - as it’s the modelling show season - or what passes for it these days; it was a very good show!

1 Like

That’s a complete bugger !!!.. Sadly down to my own failure of checking for shows and dates, I was driving back from Aldershot then down the 303 and was going past the Salisbury turn at about 1430 !! If I’d been aware I would of detoured…

Looks like a decent show and some nice kits as well… I liked the stupidly huge Saturn rocket … how big ??? Lol…the Yellow DUKW was good and I really liked the digi cam on the Cr2…

1 Like

Well, in a way John it’s my fault; I normally give a heads up re such shows; even if we’re not exhibiting and going as punters, I still like to advertise the fact.

The paint job on the CR2 was indeed, impressive. I can’t even get my head around the sequencing of the project let alone the actual painting(!) The Cent AVRE - on the same table - was pretty impressive too. I came away much enthused.

It was a cracking show, good weather and a pub lunch all helped mind!

Now, with a fair wind I’ll see you at Avon (Sun 6 Aug); which reminds me, I really need to get my finger out for that!

2 Likes

That looks like an excellent show, with far superior pics of it than mine! I should take my camera and not just my phone. The Challenger would have caused an aneurysm in me if I’d tried to paint that. My favourite though would be the Stalwart, closely followed by the AVRE and the Buccaneer.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing! :star_struck:

—mike

1 Like

Forgot to mention the Stalwart Pod, that was really nice …

1 Like

Sadly I had to miss this one this year as we are currently in Brittany, having travelled over on the day of the show. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Jeez Terry - priorities, priorities!

2 Likes

It wouldnt be so bad Brian, but I’ve yet to come across one single model shop! As I explained to my wife I always like to pick up something to build to remind me of the holiday!

3 Likes