SAS Gulf War Land Rover AC Models 1:35

Bigger wheels /tyres will also be needed

Thanks for photos. The wheels are clearly a different type / size. It also appears that AA is larger than HB. Did this vehicle come with and without roll bars? @skarik sent me these pictures. I would like to build such a configuration. Maybe it can be done on HB? I have to analyze it

1 Like

These are G SQN first gulf war they have the roll bars however they were lowered

The back of the Land Rover is a hicap body separated from the front not like a normal 110

1 Like

Ok - everything is clear. I guess I am able to get on the shared HB. The biggest problem is the wheels.

The wheels provided in AA´s kit are useless for GW1 version anyway. They represent a newer type which DPVs sported in OIF.

Wow this will be a really interesting build once you get it sorted out. I do understand the pain of cost as prices continue to clime ever higher. I’m currently sourcing kits and parts for a SOCOM “Warpig” for a small fortune. Nonetheless I’ll be following along here as the subject is outstanding…Best of Luck!

ASig00

Agreed but you still need bigger tyres …

I will torture you with questions. I want to build a low headband version (exactly like in the AC conversion photo). I will probably use Hobby Boss Hard Top. The entire rear of the vehicle is obscured by backpacks and gear. What wheels do I need? Manufacturer (if it is 1/35), or photo and original size. Someone help? :crazy_face:

1 Like

I mean really
The wheels you need are with the tread pattern are from the shorland armoured car …
I’ll post some pictures of them tomorrow…don’t get too worried about the tread pattern …the biggest issue is the tyre size …
Also dimensions wise the hi cap is longer than the 110

I think it is possible to buy spare parts from Accurate Armour if one asks nicely.

1 Like

Yes they will help if they can. They were going to help with some spares for my Striker build, but I ended up not needing the parts in the end.

Maybe this is a solution. I’ll write to A.A. Thanks for the help.
Another solution - My colleague may try to design the correct wheels, but he has to know the dimensions