Sd.Ah. 115 10 ton trailer from Das Werk

OK then - Chain product has now been ordered ~ Thanks Robin!

I also want some sort of data plate for that winch so I will also be ordering the Archer “Generic Data Plate” decal set as recommended over on the HST thread.

(Cannot find such an animal on the Archer website ~ have left an e-mail inquiry as to same ~ will report back when answered.)

What the decals would look like:

Thank you - I was searching for “Generic Data Plates” on the Archer site and nothing came up but now I have a part number.
Again ~ thank you

FYI, Archer is going through a transition right now as they switch between their old dry transfers and modern wet ones. A lot of their product range is out of stock. If there’s something you want you’re probably going to have to try a 3rd party reseller.

1 Like

That is unfortunate about Archer:

However in another way this is really good news, in that I have had, over many years, ZERO success in applying the Archer “Rub down” dry transfers directly to a model. And this is after being a graphic artist and dealing with dry transfers almost every day. (Pre-computer age!)

It has only been since Archer hit upon the idea of first placing the “rub-down” onto blank water slide material and then applying it to the model as a standard decal that I have had any success. Since then it has all been smooth sailing with the Archer products!

So the change over to all water slide is welcome news as far as I am concerned.

2 Likes

Since it is so obviously clear in this thread that model wise, I am sort of a “trailer freak” this sweet model combo from MiniArt just today, caught my eye.

Never really cared for this tractor all that much but give it something to do (as in work’n on the railroad and pulling a companion trailer) and my attitude has now changed entirely.

Kit includes the driver figure and the large cable spools as well.

4 Likes

AND YET, Another Trailer:

This time the old, Old, OLD Italeri (Peerless Max???) Weapons Carrier and the M-100 trailer.

If you don’t care about it not having an engine or an opening hood the venerable Italeri WC kit can still go almost toe-to-toe with the new kids on the block.

1 Like

Were these press ganged or used in military service ?

1 Like

I assume you are talking about the tractor above.

The germans would press whatever they felt necessary into military service but in this case the tractor is actually marked as belonging to the Reichsbahn. So perhaps we can suppose this one was in railroad service even before the war.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry I did mean the tractor, but I guess even if used by the military it would only of been used on home soil or military type depots ?

1 Like

If they were moving a canon and their prime mover broke down AND there was a farmer’s tractor nearby I am sure they would have pressed that tractor into service.

Would the farmer get his tractor back? Probably depends on if they got their prime mover going again or not.

1 Like

Mike

I guess one of these would be a better for a military Lanz :

The 1:1 one :

H.P.

3 Likes

Some/Many German front line infantry units were still walking and were supported by horse drawn supply columns. A farm type tractor would have been a big improvement, especially since it only consumes fuel when it is moving, a horse consumes fodder all the time.
Large number of horses were sent away from Stalingrad, before the Germans got themselves trapped, to make the supply situation easier by not having the bring in all that fodder all the time.
A tractor using wood gas can virtually be fueled off the land, “eating” forests while horses need hay …

3 Likes

Making sure that any two or three tone paint schemes painted on the wheels were covered over of course…

2 Likes

That farmer must be an ole Army man to want to paint his tractor is three tone camo! Whooo-Rah!

An experienced old guy like that would remember that the official regs warn against split camo on the wheels!

1 Like

For some reason I really like this tractor so much more shown with the hard rubber, industrial style tires!

Robin ~ I’m glad you brought up a photo of that late war German rubber tired wagon.

I’m working now on the Riich model and I wanted to point out that the kit also comes with an alternate towing tongue to pose it as being pulled by a motorized vehicle.

Riich offers this trailer in a two-pack kit minus the horses as well.

2 Likes

Robin beat me to it. I did some reading on German supply issues. I think we all forget how many horses the Germans used in WW2. In the end the fodder issue became critical. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_World_War_II

bruce

1 Like

Nice build Mike and very informative.

Cheers,
Ralph

1 Like