Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf D Riders | Armorama™

Jeffshiu's Miniatures released a new set of 120mm figures depicting WWII German Halftrack Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf D riders.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/sd-kfz--251-1-ausf-d-riders
1 Like

Would love to see something like this in 35th!

2 Likes

Man, I wish I was rich.

1 Like

Yep, same here. There isn’t a full crew of this type available anywhere to my knowledge.

I went to his site and they are not listed yet. There are 3 or 4 figures I am interested in.

I have some guys who need a ride.

My wallet is happy that they are not in 1:35 scale.

I have talked about this on a couple of other of Jeffs contributions. All I can say is be very careful in your purchase decisions. Please look closely at the fingers, clothing and weapons of his caricatures in the pictures provided. Poor renditions. PLEASE do not think I am dumping on Jeff; however his quality control and exactness in his sculpting is a bit “lacking.” One thing I can say is he provides good if not great posses of the characters that very few other sculpters do. Unfortunately, you’ll be doing A LOT of clean up and resurfacing. Too much for the money being spent. If you want great figures, all be it they are 3d resin, check out H3 Models figures in 1/35 and 1/16 scale. Pricey but worth every penny. How do i know? Because I spent a lot of money (a lot of money!) in buying his Stug III riding set in 1/16 scale. So much puttying, rebuilding weapons and filling in massive holes because of incomplete casting(s). So, buy if you like; just remember “caveat emptor.”

4 Likes

Does the above manufacturer use a vacuum chamber to get the air bubbles out of the resin?

Asking because the areas circled in red.

1 Like

Looking real bad :-1:

1 Like

Took a second look…

That resin looks air bubble nasty :flushed:

However, it’s hard to tell given how badly out of focus the pictures are when one zooms in to see details.

I’ve worked with enough quality resin to know I’m not interested in this based on what’s shared in the pictures.

1 Like

Hey Armor Buff,
Not too sure on Jeffs stuff for a purchase today. I had several folks say how much they liked his “guys.” So went ahead and took the chance. Bought his “Stug riders” set in 1/16th scale. Mostly because he is really the only guy that has such figures with such posses. But the gaps, very poor weapons representation and gaps/ lack of resin at joints. I’ll have to pass at any additional purchases. Just too much for the additional work needed for a nice representation. If he ponies up, and cleans up his act, I’ll be there. Caveat emptor!

2 Likes

Seems like someone heard you, or did you want this set specifically?

S3270

As seen at hobbyeasy, coming soon from Stalingrad in 1/35.

Also different to a set of sleeping soldiers, the market of which escapes me right now.

3 Likes

What, you never wanted to create an ‘asleep in the barracks’ diorama?

1 Like

Oops, maker. Maker, dumb auto correct.

And it is Soga Miniatures that produces them.

2 Likes

Its a REAL shame we can’t get these in 1/16, and at a much lower cost; than half the cost of the kit for one figure!

1 Like