Sherman Flail tank accessory by Lanmo Model

so i have added some of the PE to one of the arms that holds the roller that has the flail attached.

so i now have to connect the chains to the roller as per the instructions but there is nothing to connect the chain to the PE.

the other problen is the PE is very shiny and the super glue will not bond well with this surface, does anyone have any suggestions?

4 Likes

Sand the back of the sheet with medium-grit sandpaper — carefully, so you don’t pull the parts along. This will give the superglue something to grip.

7 Likes

yeah i was hoping there was an easier option out there but that the only option i could come up with.

3 Likes

IMHO, this is the easy option :slight_smile:

7 Likes

ok so I’m starting to go into the realms of extreme tedium now as i faff about with the PE to connect the chain to the roller, here is the first five completed

7 Likes

They look great!

2 Likes

David, I see that you attached the ball to the chain with little wire loops ( yes, tedium!) but how are you attaching the chain to the mounting plates on the other end? That has me stumped. Thanks!

2 Likes

The chains look great. I have used styrene rods and they come in all different diameters as well as copper wires. I cut them a little longer and trim after the glue is dried. Very tricky gluing if you want the joints to move.

Cheers,
Ralph

2 Likes

basically what i do is take the long thin arm you can see on the left and fold it twice to form hook. i then thread the chain onto the hook and then fold the rest to land on the top half of thr hook and then i add some super glue to fix it all in place.

5 Likes

i have now started to add the chains to the rotating drum, i have done about 60% of the chains but I’m not sure when i will finish this step as am going on holiday to Spain for 2 weeks.

8 Likes

Looking great David. :+1:

5 Likes

A huge amount of work! It looks phenomenal!

5 Likes

@SSGToms cheers Matt, still a long way to go!

2 Likes