Sherman M4A3E8 - 4th Armored division - Bastogne 1945 - RFM 1:35

I applied Blue oil in shadow areas and yellow in light areas, then I melt the colors with a brush moisten in thinner

by Rodolfo Masti, on Flickr

6 Likes

I’m proceeding with the weathering applying oil paints, rain marks effects and pigments … the model begins to acquire a dusty and worn look …

6 Likes

Tracks assembled …

and installed …

8 Likes

Meanwhile I started to work to the winter scenery …

8 Likes

That is a simple, yet masterly done dio base. Very realistic should really complement the Sherman when its on there. Lovely work.

2 Likes

I second Johnny’s comments.

Do you plan to add any figures in the tank and/or base?

1 Like

Hi Ryan,
yes, I planned to add three figures.

1 Like

Tank almost completed and weathered …

Crew ready to be paint …

Any tips to improve the model is welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Its all looking very nice Rod. The groundwork looks really good, with a nice blend of set snow and melting areas. Same for the Sherman, a nice subtle amount of snow in windswept areas that has built up. The only areas I would be careful not to overdue things is on the tracks. When I have been in snow on my old wagons, unless its very deep thick snow, I found it doesnt really stick to it as much, only in certain areas and it generally makes the tracks look a bit more wet & glisten if that makes sense, so any of the rust areas would appear more darker, again if that makes sense. Thats the sort of look I would expect in the groundwork you have done for it. If it was really deep snow, then I would expect more snow to on the tracks all over, and more snow blown up onto the vehicle.

But as I said, the whole thing looks brilliant and you have some really nice streaking effects on the turret sides and hull (dont forget the ropes to secure the jerry cans :+1: & hull machine gun barrel ))

Figures look good and nicely detailed, who are they by ?

1 Like

I like it a lot. Personally preference but one area I can think of is the smaller patches of snow/ice (a few grains here and there, not the size of the current patches) in other areas: turret ring, fuel cap (probably a dirty snow color), between the driver/co driver hatches, around the turret accessories.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips and for your appreciation :slightly_smiling_face:

The figures are two from Alpine and one from Royal Model

Reference:

1 Like

I tried to apply the tips from John (@Johnnych01) and Ryan (@Tank_1812) …

Tank integrated in the scenery and ready for the crew …

11 Likes

This is looking excellent. Nice components and the groundwork has been done really well to show the tank off and not over power it. The weathering and overall finish on the Sherman look spot on. Great work :+1:

1 Like

Beautifully done!! Lovely filthy look on the turret sides, dirt on the wheels,… looks absolutely great! And love you piece of ground, that muddy track behind the tank, and ‘untouched’ in front of it, is very convincing! Lovely tree and barbed wire fence! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Well done. That snow is really hard to get right.

1 Like