Shermania 2024

Does anyone else notice something strange on my mantlet piece?

Robert downey jr frustrated ugh GIF on GIFER - by Vudokora

6 Likes

Looks upside down to me… Were the lifting eyes molded separate from the mantlet or was the whole thing molded wrong?

1 Like

The holes for the periscope and the coaxial machine gun should be in opposite sides. The part is as it was on the sprue. I did not add or remove anything. I need to fill the holes and drill new. Or find a better mantlet.

2 Likes

Nikos, I think it’d be best to fill up the holes and reposition them. That way you don’t have to take the whole thing apart.

2 Likes

The mantlet piece is not positioned in place, I put it there just for the photos, I noticed the mistake right away.

2 Likes

If it’s not glued in place, It’d be simple to just cut the lifting eyes and reglue them in the right place.

1 Like

I cannot do that, the mantlet is not symmetrical, the top has a different shape than the bottom

1 Like

Okay, then just replace the mantlet and get a new one. That’s a Dragon turret; right?

2 Likes

I think I have located a spare mantlet and more details I can use in the M-51 kit from Dragon.

@Erik67 can you please show the leftovers from sprue B in your M51 kit?

3 Likes

Sure, give me a couple of minutes.

1 Like

Here you go

2 Likes

That one please:

1 Like

Dragon and their marking…:joy:. Standby.

1 Like

If you need it…

3 Likes

5 Likes

Lovely, mantlet, barrel complete and a gunner’s periscope housing. Many thanks for your time :+1: :saluting_face:

3 Likes

I think I need to change my approach to those old Dragon kit builds. Going through the stash and checking the kits I have I think I need to build the more recent ones like the 6354 M4A3E8 105mm, 6183 Thundelbolt VII, 3539 M-51, 6325 M4A3(w) 76mm etc and then do the old kits. This way I can use the left overs from the other builds to improve them. :thinking: :thinking:

Anyway, since the group build last the whole year, more Sherman builds to follow… :partying_face:

3 Likes

Alright, finally got some work started. A half hour of work and all I have is one suspension… Five more to go! :grin:

This is my kit, but I’ve got a bunch of aftermarket goodies to use too.

The track skids are from T-Rex.

7 Likes

Latest small victory in detail painting my IDF Sherman. The tools! Keep in mind I’m nowhere near the blending weathering provides.

10 Likes

Looking good! Can’t wait to see where this goes.

1 Like