Shermania 2024

Maybe the Tasca kit instructions can help:

Plenty of photos here:

http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/tankrecovery/m32_trv.html

https://www.theshermantank.com/the-sherman-tank-variant-page-pages-for-each-type-of-sherman-tank/tank-recovery-vehicle-m32/

Anyway, it looks great as is, do not overwork it at this point. :sunglasses: :saluting_face:

4 Likes

@gtdeath13 Many thanks for the Tasca instructions Nikos that makes it perfectly clear how to rig it. I’ll be adding the rigging and adding a light metal buff to the wear points of the tracks. I’ve also discovered I’ve missed out on a piece from the boom I need to add as well. I’ll post some more pics when I’m done.

Chris

2 Likes

OK, time to throw my hat in the ring! I will be building the experimental T31 Demolition tank using the Bold Division resin turret and an Academy M4A3E8 hull. There are other hulls out there (Tasca, Tamiya, and RFM all make good ones) but the Academy one is at hand…

The real thing (borrowed from PanzerSerra’s website I think, but cannot remember exactly):

…and the donor parts:

9 Likes

If you don’t need it for another project, I wouldn’t mind taking the dozer blade off your hands. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After getting some pointers from Nikos for finishing the M32 I’ve added some rigging and some wear to the track treads. Thread is supplied in the kit and it’s quite realistic at least from my standpoint. I had to add the block on the top of the A-frame that the thin thread attaches to. And the ties around the thicker thread are thin copper wire. My scratch-building skills weren’t up to fabricating the u clamps used in the Tasca kit, but it serves its purpose.

IMG_2307 by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

IMG_2305 by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

IMG_2304 by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

9 Likes

Excellent!! :new_zealand: :new_zealand:

1 Like

Brilliant result…

1 Like

You beat me to it!

1 Like

Sorry but it went to another conversion a while ago - I’ve been raiding the kit for parts over the many years it sat on the shelf…

1 Like

Hi Ron, I’m sure the campaign has room for two of them! That’s double the number of real ones… :grin:

4 Likes

More detailing, using left over bits from IDF Sherman’s, based on that museum version combined with other pictures…

Used a left over rear deck to create the grill cover…

10 Likes

DSC01105
Added the first bracket. There is only a dimple in the track guard for one end and nothing on the hull for the other end. It took me several tries to get it in the right place. Ended up knocking the nearby headlight off. Hopefully the others will be easier.

DSC01106
Nope. No such luck. I had put the side stowage boxes on earlier. 4 more to go, on this side.

8 Likes

Just going to leave this little gems right here.

8 Likes

Hi pals, I would like to step in with the Academy M12 that has been dusting in my lair for some 20 ys. This group prompted me to do so, and thus thanks a lot to start with. I hope I pressed the regular going button before posting. If wrong please just let me know how to deal it.

Tracks are old RHPS (or Panda at the very begonning).
I start as my usual from the sprocket

7 Likes

A good start. :+1::+1:

Reverse it. RHPS is the old name and Panda Plastics is the new name.

1 Like

Thanks Ryan, they were bought so many years ago that my memory faltered :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Looking good. Great choice of tracks.

1 Like

I think I made a mistake posting this, or simply I just can’t get used to use the forum controls: and possibly you can help.
I thought I joined the thread Shermania 2024 but I see my post as a stand alone.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t know how to move it. Maybe Robin @Uncle-Heavy can.

@Steo77
@SSGToms

Moved, actually merged but the end result is the same.
Cheers / Robin

1 Like