Special Hobby - 1:48 Tempest Mk.II

Hi there

I’ve been itching to tackle this ever since the co-production between Special Hobby and Eduard was announced - see the review here: Hawker Tempest Mk.II ‘Hi-Tech’ | AeroScale

I’ll be building it alongside Special Hobby’s new 1:32 Whirlwind - but this one’s also in honour of Steffen Arndt, so 1:48 will obviously take priority in any clash over space on the workbench! :wink:

All the best

Rowan :beer:

3 Likes

Thanks Rowan - now you have dangled
another “ gotta have it “ carrot in front of me - just when the stash was actually decreasing by a kit or two .

2 Likes

Just read the review Rowan, looks like a must-have as Richard said. Looking forward to your build updates coming through.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Hi Rowan, I’ll be very interested in seeing your build, as just this past week, I received my own copy of this kit! I’m a huge fan of both Eduard and the Tempest, so I could not pass up an opportunity to acquire this airplane. Since it is mostly Eduard parts, and because I’ve already built and Eduard Tempest Mk. V Series 2, I expect that this plane will go together with ease and close to perfect fit, but I’ll be thrilled to see what your impressions are!

1 Like

Hi Curt

As far as I can tell from the test fit, this should go together like a dream! The only point to watch out for which I spotted was as I described in the review - the alternative resin engine front (for want of a better description) has a shortened crankcase. Instead of using it, I’ll make a very simple change to the resin engine side section to allow the original plastic part to sit at the correct depth.

I hope to get started on the kit this week, but I’m juggling three competing things in my spare time at the moment - catching up on other reviews, learning guitar parts for the band I’m in and, finally, finding some time for actual modelling! :wink:

All the best

Rowan :beer:

1 Like

Looking forward to this one Merlin. I hear you on being busy with other things. Right now my “to-do” list is off the paper.