Spitfire Mk. Vc Trop, of the Regia Aeronautica ( cobelligerant )

Hello everyone, I would like to make a Mk. Vc Trop starting from this Eduard kit.
The aircraft were loaned to the Regia, in various mandates, from September 1944, all delivered to the 20 ° Gruppo 51 ° Stormo.
Third-hand aircraft that came from 352Sq, were previously in charge at 249Sq.
The instructions give me two options for two different parts.
screenshot-www.eduard.com-2022.01.16-10_38_48
screenshot-www.eduard.com-2022.01.16-10_39_34

What parts do you think I should use?
Hi and thanks everyone in advance

1 Like

Considering the italian Spitfires had not the head cushion, I suggest to use the R26 part, from what I can see in the instruction manual seems the R26 part + PH is the one to use with no cushion, not to the R24 .
About gun sight part, it’s hard to say, even if the square shape was typical of the late production and considering the aircraft were operative in the late 1944/early 1945 I’m for the use of the A2 part instead of the circle one, early production type. Of course the aircraft had a long life before passing in italian hand, anyway we can see from pictures some improvements (tail ailerons of compensated type - as in the MkIX for instance) so my thought about the late type gunsight. Ciao

2 Likes

In fact from this frame, taken from this video of the Imperial War Museum, it would seem a square type gunsight.
vlcsnap-2022-01-16-14h43m50s530

1 Like

Definitely square (the structure of the screen is the one of an MKII with square glass)

2 Likes

Eduard Spit cobe tail
the instruction reported “not to use” the tail pieces that in the italian cobelligerant Spitfire need to be used, in the sprue S …etc … so pay attention to this detail and “option”.

1 Like

Thank’s a lot, interesting …