Spitfire Mk. XIX 1/72 Airfix

After a loooong break yours truly is back. This was a project I started a while ago (though not too long ago) and assembled. Airfix unfortunately does not provide any WW2 era RAF scheme and decals although a very nice Swedish and a Korean War era RAF attire are available. I prefered to build an Operation Overlord era look. I could more or less achieve it by scavanging other kits. It is a simple to assemble but nice little kit. With single colour paint scheme I decided to finish this one as a warm up model. Enough chatter, here it is:

2 Likes

I masked and airbrushed the D-Day stripes (I may be incorrect on this point, please feel free to educate me).
IMG_20220427_032156

2 Likes

Next stop; some grime and soot then decals.

Here is a question: does anyone know what should be the correct colour for the wheel bays and inner covers/endercarriage poles? Interior green or aluminium?
Cheers.

4 Likes

I just realised that I haven’t posted the finished model. Although it had been almost a year since I finished it (end even sold it on e-bay, because I wasn’t satisfied with it to occupy a place in my limited collection space) I somehow forgot. So:

1 Like