Star Wars Universe Alternative Camo Schemes Group Build

FANTASTIC WORK on both.

2 Likes

My entry with my 3D printed AT-ST scout walker, it will be a desert camo, black and white base first :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great to have you here as part of the group build, and looking forward to seeing yours with desert cam on it … and very nice 3D printing. :+1:

1 Like

Looks like a nice little print Venelin.

1 Like

I have been working my way through my paint backlog, but the last few days my wife was in her ‘come and sit with me phase’. So after much box rattling, scratching and scraping I gathered together some ‘window dressing’ for the Old MPC pile of :poop:

Rather than fill chasms, I decided to ‘modify’.

Backstory. After the fall of the Empire, many regions came under the control of ex-Imperial warlords. In order to maintain their strength, they had to rely on improvising repairs and upgrades to their military hardware. This then meant large scale changes and jury rigging of components to get things working.

I am going to do a British Caunter scheme (or maybe Malta scheme). I did the Bronco A9 in Caunter and the valentine in Malta recently. So with those in mind, I give you my salute to Star Wars model builders who used various bits from model kits to produce the studio models, and salute to the poor brave Tommy’s that had to suffer the wacky multi turreted, “riveter’s delights” the British called tanks the early stages of WW2…

I give you - THE AT-A9 complete with Vicker’s style Twin blasters…

Turret mounted radio dome and huge radiators…

…and Rivets!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Great add ons Peter, and its always nice to see some subtle changes to the base kit to give it a new look. I quite liked watching the Mandalorian and the opening scene in one of the episodes in the scrap yard with the 2 ATATs converted into heavy movers/cranes/lifters.

1 Like

The Book of Boba Fett. See what they do to a Naboo fighter…

2 Likes

Both Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian are awesome!

Nicely added details, Peter. Sometimes it is great to just let imagination run wild.

1 Like

I missed that, will need to rewatch the series, oh darn.

2 Likes

LOL, … any excuse … I think its season 2 and towards last half of the season. Both that and Boba Fett have been really good, and filled in a bit more of the back story.

Been watching them all. Mando series was better then Fett series I think, even though I like the Fett character more.

Never seen a better looking Naboo fighter.

I didn’t watch the trailer but there is a Obi Wan has a series/movie coming out soon.

1 Like

My vote is for Malta over Caunter. I think it’ll look really neat on that beast.

Trying to ‘Force nudge’ me there Don?

Jim already did Caunter here, and did it superbly, so I have been considering other schemes just to be different.

3 Likes

Look at some of the WWI armoured cars. There’s a couple interesting schemes to be found with them.

1 Like

There’s never enough Caunter Peter, in fact it would be fitting to have a four legged walker in the same scheme here. Looking forward to seeing what you decide. Nice work on the walker so far!

2 Likes

Let’s start this thing, initial coat of Gunze middle stone for the desert camo :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looks great, Venko. The AT-ST is on its toes :slight_smile:

Looking forward to see more of the desert camo :+1:t2:

1 Like

I didn’t quite like the middlestone, so I changed with Tamiya RAL8020 and AK RC Desert sand. I’m also preparing a small desert base.

Cheers!

7 Likes

Both colors look good, Venko. Very nice modulation.

2 Likes

A nice desert scheme will be good and those colours you’re going with look great :+1:

1 Like