Starting off with a bang

OK I got this far, let’s try dragging some samples from my very first Armorama post some years ago, in three sizes to see what fits best.

Image quality isn’t great because they’re frames from an antique device called a “video camera”…

Ho-ly …did that really just happen? OK my only puzzlement is I had the cursor below my text but the images kinda randomly inserted within it. Brain hurts, going to bed.

1 Like

They all show the same unless you open them on a separated tab, for the image alone.

Hi very very distant cousin - I can see a family likeness from your avatar! Thanks for the message & sorry for delay in responding, I was in shock for some time about how easy it is. Keep well, Tim

Humm… What happens if you need a retake?

Many was the time I felt like blowing up the camera. Or, if you really want to know, the various IEDs I concocted with hidden heat protection on exposed plastic plus piles of instant shrapnel/debris did allow for a take 2 or 3. However if it didn’t work first time, chances were it never would. Depending on the recipe, 20 to 30 frames typically covered a pyrotechnic & 3 or 4 of those would pass muster. The following unseen full sequences (from 2016, when I joined Armorama) show how the process could literally be hit or miss.

This one was over-reach, trying to fire a shell from the Tiger (hidden brass tube barrel) and get the bullseye too. One problem was I didn’t arrange for a dark sky, also the guys on the Sherman didn’t perform appropriately…

This was a bit more successful but again the figures didn’t move despite being precariously placed…

In the end this unfortunate grenadier got the Oscar…

:tumbler_glass: