Steffen Arndt Memorial Campaign (in main Campaigns forum)

By the way, this is sort of what I’m leaning towards right now:

Can’t guarantee I’ll stick to it, but it’s part of a display plan I have and would fit in nicely here, since I’m not a big Luftwaffe fan.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi Michael

That sounds perfect. :beer:

All the best

Rowan :beer:

Hi Michael

That’s a brilliant and fitting choice - not only is it a fantastic kit, but it was the very one that Steffen began the What The Postman Brought Today thread with back in 2008!

All the best

2 Likes

I didn’t remember that! Serendipity.

FWIW, my ultimate plan is to do the Tamiya A6M5 and F4U-1D in 1/32, 1/48. and 1/72 scales and display them all together in my office. So far I have the 1/32 A6M and 1/48 F4U finished and the 1/32 and 1/72 F4U in progress. Just for fun.

2 Likes

Hi again Michael

That will be an awesome display when they’re all completed! :beer:

All the best

Michael, that would be 6 a.m. New York time. We are 6 hours ahead of the US East Coast. So you have to get up early at your place … :yawning_face:

Torsten
:wave:

Actually, that’s 4:00 pm our time, which it now is. So we’re live! The official thread is here. Let’s see some good quarter scale models for Steffen!

I only see this now, what sad news! I remember Steffen very well over many years now. Really sad to loose him in the community.

I never met him personally, but he helped me a lot of many rookie questions about 10 years back when I moved from only doing AFVs to also doing planes. His patience was large with very basic rookie questions. A true loss to the community.

Need less to say, I am in for this campaign. Clearly with a luftwaffe plane.

1 Like

Thanks Jesper. Be sure to post in the formal group build thread, here.

1 Like

Hi Jesper

Welcome aboard! As Michael has pointed out, come on over to the build thread to join in. It’ll be great to have you with us paying tribute to Steffen. :beer:

All the best

1 Like

I always liked Steffen’s posts. He set me straight about the outer wing panels of the Fw 200. I think he was my opponent in the Aeroscale Duel campaign, his I-16 vs my Ki-27.

I thought I already signed up but can’t find evidence that I did. Count me in. I started a Tamiya Ki-84 for it. Only glued part of the cockpit and painted some. Too much? If allowable, I’ll continue with it. If not, I’ll find another true scale airplane - maybe Monogram’s Do 335.

1 Like

Hi Fred

Welcome aboard! :beer: The Hayate will be perfect for the build - it’s totally OK to bring a kit that you’ve already started to the table. This build is all about having fun and celebrating modelling in tribute to Steffen who did so much to support our hobby.

I can see you’ve already found the official build thread, but I’ll post the link anyway for anyone else who’d like to join in. :slight_smile:

All the best