StuG Crew & Riders from Jeff Shiu | Armorama™

Jeffshiu's Miniatures released new 120mm figures depicting WWII StuG III crew & riders.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/stug-crew-riders-from-jeff-shiu
4 Likes

I’ve always wanted figures liked this. Germans laying down on the back/engine deck. It conveys so much action even though the poses aren’t particularly animated. An excellent example of how subtle poses can say so much. In many of the memoirs I’ve read and listened to (audiobooks), there’s more than a few references to dashes made by armor with men holding on the back either in an advance across open ground or, more often, a desperate dash across open ground in an attempt to retreat or break out. You can almost hear the sporadic enemy small arms fire pinging off the metal.

4 Likes

Agreed. Also, it looks like a lot of soldiers sheltering from a bitter wind whilst trying to find a way forward. A great release.

2 Likes

I hope this iteration is a good one for Jeff. Several of his latest issues have suffered from quality, definition and poor molding. I bought his other riders and put them on my 1/16 Stug. I dont want this to be a “Jeff downer”…just look closely and understand the quality that one would expect for the cost. A great factor is that he does offer great action oriented figures. All I can say is look closely and Caveat Emptor .

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve several of Jeff’s figures and quality can be “variable”, but still easier for me to putty an arm or air bubble than sculpt a suitable figure myself.

1 Like