Summer time model activity - Sherman in Italian Army (again)

ok
it’s vacation time in Italy.
as usual the commander in chief (my wife) decides for a week on the beach …
I hate the beach
so I prepared a survival kit

7 Likes

1st step: remove diesel engine deck to replace with gasoline ones

3 Likes

a cut job needs to recover a stellar engine cover

2 Likes

ok
turret and body
update

1 Like

wow, such a detailing work while on the move is impressive… Hope you can be back soon and work more comfortably :slight_smile:

new boogies are ready!

4 Likes

roller train is fixed!

3 Likes

track time
now the fun comes …
after thirty years of overall assembly and the assembly of the finished model tracks I decided to prepare the “handling” part first … as a beginner …
it’s time to mount the AFV tracks … which notoriously get lost or the junction links fall off … I tried to change method: this time I try to fix them with Vinavil

operation simple and easy
ok i can start to paint it!

1 Like

What is vinavil and how did you use it?

https://www.vinavil.com/
In their own words: “A leader in polymers for industry”

Considering the context I would guess it is something like this:
https://www.hobbyland.eu/eng/shop/vinavil-59-adhesive-1kg/p-9712/
A whole kilogram …jeeez …

I simple put a little drop of glue on the pin, it is enought to prevent falling off and the track remain flexible
yesssssssss

this is the result

3 Likes

help!
someone have corret dimension of side applique armour?

applique armour added

1 Like

a small adaptation need to fit radial engine…

3 Likes

Basically the Italian version of Elmer’s School Glue, aka. PVA (polyvinyl acetate) glue.

painting operation is started…

4 Likes

The question of the decals is a thorny one… if the M4 (Chieti) already has a series of transformations, even its classification is no less; Unfortunately, the correct decals on the market to register the early Italian postwar tank are few, moreover the side armour carries a strange symbol not common in Italian tanks (the rectangle that normally indicates the position of the tank in the company is divided on the diagonal in a probable black / blue that could make it belong to the mechanization school) .

On the front shield you can see the ram’s head for which I framed it in the division, the presence of the Stanag indications put it quite ahead of its period (early 70s) and more; the identification symbols are all placed in an unconventional way, but on the Italian Shermans it was not so rare.

Finding the correct symbols was not easy … I had to use the Ariete (tank) decals to build something acceptable.

1 Like

some detail added:

2 Likes