T-54 rain hood

A CD is an ancient form of storing music which can provide music when all the streaming services are down during internet outages or in areas with bad cell coverage :wink: :grin:

1 Like

T-54 rain hood glass brought to you by the offspring

Seems like you have plenty to start cutting from :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
IF you feel like there is a need to polish the new part first, it will be a LOT easier to polish before cutting to size

1 Like

Thanks for the pictures @Holger and for the advice @Uncle-Heavy and @18bravo. The CD case cutting would have worked perfect if it weren’t for a raised lip on the kit part that helps it fit correctly. I decided instead to carefully trim the coil off the kit part and polish. I did this with varying sandpaper grits and finished with a felt dremel polishing wheel and red compound, then a dip in future. I think it went well

3 Likes

Perfect. I had total confidence that you could pull it off. You can’t even tell that coil was there.

1 Like

Impressive!
I was hoping to see the CD case get used however

1 Like

Thanks! First time polishing clear plastic, so I was pretty hesitant. Good practice for my winged kits though.

I did cut one piece of cd case to size and was able to get it to the same polish level, but decided the stepped edge would be a challenge. So I tried the kit part first

1 Like