T90A I plan to go back to and improve

Here is an older T90A I made a while back and the progression of the build to the finished product. I messed up the chipping and rust effects so I tried to cover it up with a copious amount of dirt. It was inspired by my time in Ukraine as a trainer and hearing stories of people getting themselves into bad situations by wandering into live firing ranges looking for mushrooms. It was supposed to be a day after rain.

This was a first for me in terms of a lot of the building techniques; in fact, almost everything in this build was a new thing for me including the figures.

First time airbrushing camo and I was very proud of the result as it was waaaaay smoother than what I expected it to be.

I used a bunch of other heads as a practice but these were the ones I need up using for the model.

As I said before I messed up the chipping and rust so I covered it in more dirt and dust than I wanted to but it is not out of the realm of possibilities for them to be this dirty.

4 Likes

Full gallery of the finished product.

8 Likes

That’s some excellent work there. GreT job on the camo on the one T90 and your figures look great too!

Thanks!

Excellent work on both tank and figures- the three tone camo looks great and I think the dirt you have put on it looks quite natural. For a first go at figures you have done really well too.

Great revamp from old to new version. The 3 tone cam scheme looks terrific and is done really well.

Figures look perfect and the tankers face is really good.
I like the power lines and the transformer box… That’s a nice detail, and the guy collecting mushrooms is a nice touch.

The mud/dirt effect looks perfectly realistic… I have seen far far dirtier than that… Wonderful job all round :+1:

Great finish on the T90. The camo does look very, very good. I also like the detail you added to the utility pole. Excellent work.

Thanks! I had previously practiced faces but not fabrics.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s hard to tell with the pictures but I scattered a bunch of mushrooms around the scene as well

1 Like

Thank you!