TAKOM M60A1 w/plow WIP

The only place the Corps has hogs are in a museum now. :cry:

Are you sure that’s Camp Pen? Looks more like 29 Palms, otherwise the drought has been way worse then I heard.

1 Like

The M48A1 is new addition to their collection. I can imagine they took it from MCLB Barstow and brought it to Pendleton to get restored then placed on permanent display.

2 Likes

Calling it done.

8 Likes

Wow that came excellent Tom. Fantastic painting and weathering. Gotta start one of my M60s one of these days!

2 Likes

Well done Tom. Really nice neat clean build and finish. Lovely patina and bare metal areas on the blade and the inner track surface is nicely done as well. The MERDC has a nice faded feel giving the wagon a good used and old look. The M60 is one I am looking at for my collection, good old warhorses.

1 Like

Many thanks John. Did it for a friend who drove a blade M60 for the Marines in 2nd Tanks. Tried to use my limited exposure to armor (drove M113s in Korea) and Nightshift’s videos for weathering

2 Likes

Beautiful finish. The MERDC is perfect and the weathering on the plow is excellent.

The plow tank looks great. Excellent job on it.

2 Likes

Very nice finish. I especially like the way you handled the MERDC and the wear and weathering of the dozer blade :+1:t3:

1 Like

Great job on the MERDC camo and the dozer blade!

1 Like

Beautifully done. All around super nice . The plow is real eye candy

1 Like