Takoms Vanishing M60A1

I have thought of that. Problem is, the Takom ERA blocks, and especially their mounts, are much more detailed than anyone else’s. Also, I want the decals from the Takom kit.
Ken.

You do not see the mounts very much on the Tamiya kit when you put the gear in the bussel rack and strapped to the turret. where it would make a difference is when you want a diarama of the blocks being installed or missing. I am not sure of what the blocks would look like after an RPG hit because I haven’t seen any photos of it but it might matter then.

You would need a little more than just the ERA blocks to make the Takom M60A1 early kit into a USMC M60A1 RISE/Passive w/ERA in ODS. For starters you would need to swap out the side mount air cleaners for top-loading ones. Next, you would need to add the smoke launchers and their smoke grenade storage boxes. Lastly, the GPS periscope on the turret top is different as well. Lastly, you need to swap out the ribbed aluminum road wheels for steel ones. All of these parts could also come from the Tamiya kit, but Takom’s are much better detailed.

GPS periscope? I chuckel because I never saw one. Only the platoon commander had a map and for the most part, that wasn’t even very helpful with so few terrane features.

Gunner’s Primary Sight periscope in front of the TC’s position.

:sweat_smile: Ok you got me there.