Tamiya 1/35 Infantry Scout

This is my take on one of the new Tamiya US figures in the excellent new US Infantr6 Scout set.

I’ve made him to represent an infantryman of the 5th Armored Division in the town of Tangermünde on the Elbe River in Germany in April 1945.

He’s out of the box except for an MJ Miniatures rifle sling.
The cobbles are home made and the bollard Miniart.

30 Likes

Wow that’s a beautiful job there Rob. Great painting on that figure and the base came really nice too. What paints did you use ?

2 Likes

I agree, great job Rob. :+1:

1 Like

Everything was acrylics, but I used a variety of brands, and looking back on it, experimented quite a bit.
Mostly Vallejo and AK Gen3 acrylics, but also mucked around with Kimera Colors, Games Workshop Contrast colours and medium, and also Tamiya Smoke - for the non metallic metals on the rifle to give it some sheen….

And thank you very much @metalhead85 and @Tank_1812

4 Likes

Fantastic work Rob- you’ve really brought out the detail in the figure and the uniform tones are excellent.

1 Like

Well, your work just sold me on picking up this figure set. That looks excellent!

2 Likes

I already ordered a few days ago but more excited about the purchase now.

1 Like

Very nice Rob. Excellent rendition of this figure.
G.

1 Like

Nice work, love your base. Thanks for the tip about using Tamiya Smoke for the metal. I’m going to give that try for my next figure build.

1 Like

Excellent :+1: :+1: :+1:
:grin: :canada:

1 Like

Very nice realistic finish. Good work on the base as well. Is the wood pedestal solid wood or laminated over something?

1 Like

Outstanding.

1 Like

Wow, great stuff. Well done!

Mario

1 Like

I echo the above compliments. Very nice, indeed.

—mike

1 Like

Very, very nice! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That is a stunning piece of work.

1 Like

Thanks…
It’s a solid pedestal base. I’ve bought several all the same size for my Second World War themed figures.

1 Like

I confess I tried it after asking Calvin Tan if he used metallics or non metallic effects. He described non metallic greys with smoke. Vegan metal to use his description!! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes