Tamiya M60A2

My tanks had it mounted on the turret, clamped to the lifting eye or some other piece. But yes, you could drill one or two small holes and bolt it to the fender. You could also remove one of the bolts mounting the fender to the support and connect it there. Different units and vehicles used different ways to mount the lights. If you are building a specific vehicle, go with that, otherwise use whichever method you prefer.
Ken

1 Like

Somehow I missed this; good rendition of an important piece of Cold War armour. Just the job!

Merki, as ours had batteries, we actually just tied them with rope or whatever, to the box, or through the holes in the fender supports.

1 Like

They were hooked up to the tail lights that were for the service drive only.

1 Like

Well, this is what I would like to do, first of all I made the mast of the flashing light with its pedestal, my intention is to remove the bolt indicated with the arrow and insert the flashing light in its place with the bolt that fixes it to the fender

and in the enlargement of the photo is visible the cable coming from the rear lights running on the side of the vehicle and inserting into the flashing light, tell me if this can be corrected, thanks

1 Like

I am not sure what you are asking about to be corrected, but you plan sounds good, and your mount for the light looks awesome.
Two things I will point out. One, I would trim off the tie down loops that are molded on the fenders. I have never seen those in real life.
Two, use a very thin wire for the light. Most of the time there was just a single strand of wire run to it, or some commo wire (thin, two strands). Not a big cable.
Ken

do you mean this?

These things.

Tamiya put them on both rear fenders, but I have never seen them on a real tank. It might be too late to fix them now, it’s up to you.
Ken

…OMG!! it’s difficult to do at this stage of the works w/o make some little disaster, this is just an out of the box realize :roll_eyes:

Yea, so now you know for your next one. Thats how the process works. Unfortunately, the Tamiya hull has a lot of mistakes on it and the never updated them. But it still looks good when finished. :+1:
Ken

1 Like

I believe these were on very early versions on the M60.