Tank mounted MG-34s

Inded i was fooled. Props to whoever took this pic. it was very convincing. lol.

That explains the crooked decals and the soot on the muzzle brake. :rofl:
Don’t sweat it - one of our esteemed moderators made the same mistake a few years ago.

That is a VERY unusual application of Zimmerit! :scream:
:smiley: :canada:

Something just crossed my mind. Would the MG even be mounted (and shield be up) with the loader’s hatches closed? Split loader hatch(es) open fore &aft. It looks like the rear of the MG would block the forward half of the hatch from opening if mounted on the raised shield. I’m thinking , maybe, SOP was loader’s hatches closed, shield stored down (folded forward or rearward?) , MG stored inside. Yes? No? Maybe?

OK now I’m really confused…situation normal. Are we talking about the image published in Panzer Colors 3 (p.21) way back in 1984 credited to Bundesarchiv?

It’s purportedly 1944 Normandy/Hitler Jugend - I know the caption’s likely wrong (wonky lettering more likely black-edged, not red) but is this the “Arnhem” photo being referred to as faked? :confused:

No. @SableLiger originally posted three photos, the middle one captioned as being from Arnhem. That photo has since been removed.
Ken

1 Like

There you go, so I’m not going out of my mind…yet. Thanks mate! Phew

1 Like