Testing and improving the damage look

Been trying to Improve on the damage look.

I have been trying out different techniques and diorama design styles for some time now. Been working out on the ‘Damaged scattered’ look, and car damaged look. The diorama is no more but here are photos of it before being discarded.

11 Likes

WOW … its a shame the Dio has gone as it is or was superb … that looks like the perfect rendition of a totally destroyed and burnt out convoy … all the burnt techniques you have applied look spot on. I love it

1 Like

Thanks johnny.

Most definitely very nice! Some of those pictures look like the real thing, not a scale model! Great and thanks for sharing. That raises the bar for all of us, though :wink:

1 Like

WOW!! Just wow!! Very impressive, fantastic!

1 Like

Kind words. Thank you for the feedback.

Glad you like the results.

I hate to tell ya but that’s Not the damaged look…it’s the Annihilation Look! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Haha! I guesz you’re right. :slight_smile:

Agreed, definitely Total Loss.

Very well done and most convincing. Someone’s insurance rates are going through the roof after that one.

1 Like

Insurance won’t even cover that. Hahahaha! Thank you for your comment.

2 Likes

A little bondo here and there, some primer and a quick touch up it’ll be good as new. The SUV should just buff right out, we don’t need to get insurance involved. I can totally fix it, my dad is a TV repairman he’s got the ultimate set of tools!

2 Likes

HAHAHA!!! Good one. :slight_smile:

Here’s a 1:1 Land Cruiser wreck :

I guess you could even go further destroying yours :wink: (check the front grille area…)

H.P.

2 Likes

@tiking- I first thought I was looking at reference photographs. I am assuming you are the same Charles King that has been posting work on the old forum for years?
Either way, this is astonishing realism in small scale.
Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Got it Frenchy. But I’ve sen one or two with half the grill is on. That’s why, I did it like that. But regardless, the diorama is no more.

That’s right. same guy. :slight_smile: Thank you.

1 Like

Well Charles, your work is a simply stunning and a remarkable study in realism. I can say this because I had followed your posted builds and features literally from the beginning of Armorama. I went missing for a couple years where I wasn’t so active and lost track of a lot of the ‘old guard’. I’m happy to see you are still participating in the forums here.
Cheers,
C.

Thank you kindly. I do appreciate your kind support, creading.

Hi Charles,

Your wrecked and burnt out vehicles are truly amazing, so realistic, brilliant, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

1 Like