The Big 3 Universes - Star Wars-Star Trek - BSG

Well, look what Santa brought me :slightly_smiling_face: I am in with an X-wing from my Christmas calendar. I will probably not have it done by Christmas, but will try to build along during December :slightly_smiling_face:

1st December gave the instructions and a cutter

6 Likes

Very cool. Don’t think I’ve seen any of these over here. Surprised Lidl supermarkets didn’t have them as they sometimes do have Revell stuff.
Interesting to see how they break it down over the month.
I treated myself to the Lego Star Wars calendar. Always lots of cool and unique models and minifigs in those. I keep telling they’re an investment.

2 Likes

I got this one heavily discounted on amazon in Germany. 25 EUR incl. shipping. I guess it should be the same for amazon in UK? Should be lower price now when December has started.

1 Like

A Star Wars advent calendar. Too cool. :+1:

1 Like

Third day into the calendar. Now there are some parts to clean up :slightly_smiling_face:

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Very cool… I wouldnt have the will power to wait and do each day … They would all get opened on the first day lol … They also do one that has the X wing, a TIE and the Millenium Falcon as a 3 kit box

1 Like

I probably won’t still finish the kit in 25 days. :pensive:

1 Like

I will try to stick to it. I will use glue, base coat, and brushes from my stash, but otherwise try to stick to what is included in the box :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Found the Aztec mask.

Which is good I found them again. I didn’t make the connection that the hull was stainless steel and aluminum. I have chosen poorly. :pensive:

4 Likes

Nice find, but that it looks a long job. The plus side is I suppose its all precut so thats part of the battle won …

1 Like

Here is my entry…Star Wars Boba Fett’s Krrsantan bounty hunter Wookie in the raw 3D print that I bought online.

The 3D print is fairly accurate and in two pieces…Krrsantan and the blaster rifle. It’s about 6.54 inches tall.

There are subtle print lines on the gear and bandoleer, but I’m not going to worry about them too much. It sure looks like Krrsantan.

9 Likes

That will be a fun build, looking forward to watching this one get done :+1:

1 Like

How many shades of black / grey do you own?

3 Likes

It won’t be enough lol

3 Likes
  1. :laughing:
3 Likes

Nice choice, Peter. That will definitely look good!

1 Like

The eagle and the enterprise…

Anyhow …I finally got my restock of 2 and 3mm masking tape…so tomorrow the masking can start on the big E… Will apply the base colour of AK camouflage Grey… And see how that looks :+1:

6 Likes

Started with the AK Camouflage Grey… Really like the colour of it… I think it will go well with the light ghost grey for the 2 major colours…

Will get this colour finished tonight :+1:

6 Likes

The camo grey went down great. One of the many things I love about these AK paints is they dry to hand touch and hold in about 15 minutes.

Everything other than the light grey areas will be 90% AK light ghost grey and the few other remaining bits will be a darker grey yet to be decided.

Underside.

Next few days will be spent masking the light grey and some time spent on the Eagle…stay tuned :+1:

8 Likes

Great progress, Johnny! Quite a sizeable model.

Here are the parts I have so far from my Star Wars X-Wing Christmas calendar. Will probably paint the pilot and cockpit soon.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes