The Big 3 Universes - Star Wars-Star Trek - BSG

That looks great! Were all those console decals in the kit?

I would do a darker pinwash just to do the normal highlighting of the lines and disks etc .
Then maybe a sympathetic gentle dry brush with something like Tamiya metallic grey or gun metal to give the base grey some different tones… Others may have a better approach…

Yes, the kit decals are very good…
I first painted the interior panels white…and maked off the decal areas…

Then I airbrushed the gray and removed the masks…the white background makes the decal colors pop I think as they are also designed to be back lit…

8 Likes

They’ve gone down really well. The white behind does help them pop and look bright.

1 Like

When I do the tinted clear colours I use a base colour the same as the tint. These lights on my ASLAV are solid resin, painted orange, then have the Orange Clear over them:

(In progress build, needs some touching up on the brush guard, etc, :grin: )

2 Likes

That makes sense…I did not want to put the clear colors over the grey.

This was my biggest fear … The big NCC 1701 E decals splitting…

Thankfully… They didn’t and went on great. I think I made the right choice in cutting them in half as well … just after the first 1… made it a lot easier tto position them and keep the curve looking fluid.

They are still wet and have a coat of Micro Sol to help them conform to the dips and ridges.
The thin yellow masking tape strip is to act as a center line …

Also did the final 2 long strips with starship enterprise on the hull sides. Both went on perfectly as well … Happy chap :+1::+1:

8 Likes

A bang up job, well done sir! :clap:

2 Likes

Cheers buddy. I’m actually really chuffed with it how it looks… I just did a few more with the nacelles attached … It has a good look… Will pop them up here in a while once I sort a few things :+1:

2 Likes

As promised… With the nacelles attached

That’s it finished for the kit. Now need to paint up the display base in gold and silver…

Will also be giving the E a coat of Army Painters Matt varnish … Enjoy :grin:

11 Likes

That looks fantastic!

7 Likes

Thanks Stephen… Much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Well worth the effort John. She looks great.

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

Many thanks Colin. Glad you like the look of it :+1:

1 Like

Got the base done.

Nothing fancy, but looks ok.

I need to take the metal support rod into camp and us the workshop there bend it slightly so Enterprise E sits at a gentle angle instead of totally level…

4 Likes

Beautiful job on the Enterprise, Johnny. :+1:t2:

Looking forward to see it on the stand.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Not being pulled into a black hole Peter lol

4 Likes

Update on Red 2, had a couple hours over the last two days. Interior of three wings just about ready.

Wedge ready for helmet painting, will be freehanding it.

9 Likes

Nice assembly line… Looking good :+1:

1 Like