The Big 3 Universes - Star Wars-Star Trek - BSG

Thanks for the insights, Guys. I will definitely use some alternative markings and maybe some nose art if I can fit it.

@Dixon66, Dave, excellent wing of X-wings you have. Looks great!
FM really has better details - as one would expect - especially around the wing guns and engines.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

I’m in the middle of all six screen shown Xs in Bandai kits. 1-3 done. 4 starting as soon as I get back from the business trip I’m on.

1 Like

Lots of crazy inspiration on the web :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That site has some great alternative cam/ colour schemes… I always liked that top VF 2 one

4 Likes

Yeah, me too Johnny. I think I might have some spare markings somewhere.

Time to dig around in the spare decals box. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Found some sets that can be used as donors. I think I will do a white/light gull grey scheme.

5 Likes

Good choice for the kit colour…the decals will make it pop… Loads of colours in those :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Got this today from a local shop.

Will do this as part of the Star wars universe… May go for an alternative cam/ paint scheme like Sabine’s TIE ?

And it’s surprisingly big as well.

7 Likes

Not sure if anyone here as built this one or if anyone has heard about this…
I thought I’d have a quick look in the box and look at the parts … It’s bloody big that’s for sure.

When I was looking at the parts I noticed the imperial pilot figure… Now on the box it says 1/65 ? But as I looked at the figure, I thought that can’t be right … it’s like a giant.

So I compared him with Wolfgang, who is the standard Tamiya 1/35… But the pilot looks a tad bigger still … surely the kit must be coming in at 1/35 minimum or 1/32 real size …?? What do others think ??

Oh, and also doing it like Sabine’s TIE… Not happening… Far to complex…now thinking of black overall and red block sections …

4 Likes

Is it a rebox of the MPC kit? I believe that was supposed to be about 1/32.

1 Like

Not sure, I looked on scalemates but could only see a revell history…it does look like 1/32 to me though …

Definitely looks big, Johnny! Great if it is 1/35 scale. Lots of “What-If” potential. Could you share some sprue shots? Is it very well detailed?

1 Like

The other Revell Tie Fighters are listed as 1/35.

Wonder if it is just bad placement by folks on scalemates.

1 Like

Just for you Jesper.

Box again…it’s big… Lengths 44 cm.

Destructions

Now the sprues

There are a surprising amount of major parts that you get double of, namely the cockpit sections and the complete large wings … If you were a good scratch builder, you could probably make 2 TIE’s from this one box.

These are the wing sections they show as using in the instructions

I have put a Cr2 as a size reference

This is a wing section you don’t need.

I put the wing up vertical to get a sense of the height.

And these are the extra cockpit Sections you don’t need

The controllers if you don’t want to fit the pilot.

And some final detail shots and the decals plus the clear sprue.

Looks nicely detailed and like I said, if your good at scratch building a few parts and maybe sourcing the cockpit canopy, you could actually build 2 kits…

6 Likes

Definitely looks 1/32 to me John!

2 Likes

Happy to be going with 32nd or 35th … i only say 32nd as the pilot figure is noticeably a bit larger than my Wolfgang one.

3 Likes

Not sold on Tamiya’s figure sizes especially sitting. There was a big difference between the ICM and Tamiya figures for the ANH truck. The Tamiya had hit too many buffets and ICM didn’t eat enough. Doesn’t help in this case just that I question their sizing.

3 Likes

just a huge difference from box info giving you 1/65 and real size 1/35-32 … nice surprise though :+1:

3 Likes

”Und now we interrupt this program with a special broadcast from Inspektor No. 172.” :studio_microphone::face_with_monocle:

“Inspektor… you have no security clearance for this campaign! The Disney Empire will destroy you!” :mouse:

—mike :grin:

2 Likes

Johnny, thanks. :raised_hands:t2: :slight_smile: That looks very crisp and like a very nice kit. I added it to my shopping list.

3 Likes