The Brick house challenge 1/35

Your mock up looks good. I was thinking the same thing, why have a window there, it could be just the result of an explosion, with rubble, bricks and timber. Putting some leafless trees, or stumps outside will help convey the feeling of desolation as was Stalingrad at that time.
Let me also say thank for your 1/72 scale work which serves as inspiration for me, as I do only 1/72 models

2 Likes

@Armournovice hi and welcome Gil!
Uhh this work give me a headache! Yes the window is already gone in my ideas, so you are totally right.
After I did the mockup you see pictures of above, I have made two new mock-ups that I have not showed you. I must let this build wait for a while, I am not ready to make a Stalingrad diorama yet.
I need to level up for a while before I continue.

I am glad to here that you work in 1/72 and that some of my works have inspired you. That’s when I like modeling the most, to hear that I have done something for this hobby:) I am thankful Gil!

Just for you Gil, some pictures of a 1/72 dio I work with:
Cheers

PS The figures are not in their right position, I just played around when I took the pictures.

4 Likes

That looks like another great little Dio Erik. Good idea about taking a quick break from it and clearing your mind. Always good way to get some fresh perspective and drive.

How many dio’s do you have … and where do you keep them all ?

1 Like

Thanks John:) I keep them in a safe so the diorama police can’t take it away :laughing:
That’s the reason why I choose to do quite small dio/vignettes, the limit of space.
I keep them in boxes in the garage.
How many? I think you have seen most of it…or…? :rofl:
I will get back to Stalingrad as soon as Covid is gone and I find a cheap flight ticket… /Erik

2 Likes