The country of origin and $ cost of hobbying

Bob Marley sing… One hobby, no cry. One hobby, no cry. :no_entry_sign: :sob: :notes::notes: :notes:

—mike :grin:

4 Likes

Missing a couple of them, and lots of extra money has went into making all of these play and sound much better…

I’ve been keeping a financial database since getting back into this hobby before Christmas, it’s a bit scary……

6 Likes

Don’t get me started….

9 Likes

In some ways we are fortunate with the latest generation of kits. The molding quality is very good and much of the aftermarket we needed in the past is no longer needed. I am using less PE and less aftermarket track. Interiors are now part of what you can get in the kit. Older kits can be a money pit.

3 Likes

Especially when you need the attorney due to being caught at the club…

4 Likes

Louis CK: But officer, I thought everyone knew that’s why you go to the club in the first place.

4 Likes

Nice collection.

2 Likes

Al, Wow! Pure Awesome!

2 Likes

That is a nice collection of precision. Is the first pic at 600 yds?

2 Likes

I will second that, you missed pitting steel hulls.

1 Like

Thanks, still pondering another for the stable.

1 Like

1000 yards.

Steel target collection. All .375in AR 500. Large torsos are 25x15. Small one is 18x10in. Milk jug is the size of a one gallon milk jug. Angle of photo makes it look weird.

Range 4, MCB Quantico

5 Likes

What - no cloverleafs ? LOL .
Amazing. I was pretty proud of my .22 rimfire stuff until I saw this . Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Hmmm…there’s plenty of hotels in New York City with line of site to a certain court house entrance with less than 1000 yds range… Just sayin’. :face_with_head_bandage:
:smiley: :canada:

1 Like

Welcome to the FBI Watch List…

7 Likes

:scream: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :cry: :roll_eyes: :smiley:

1 Like

Ha, I was never good at judging distance, whats a 400 yd difference… lol…

It would be fun to try 1,000. The longest I’ve shot for me is 400 meters, standard Fig 11.

2 Likes

You mean you’re on there, too? :+1:

2 Likes

On costs, I just did a rough calculation on the M813 with TPU.

C$ 400 all in, but as others have pointed out its’s a hobby.

Andit took 5-6 months, so very reasonable.

3 Likes

Everybody has their entertainment budget,some much larger then others,who am I to say how someone spends their disposable dollars, if its what they want to do.I doubt any of us spend the mortgage,rent food or kids college fund on our hobbies.

4 Likes