The Courier | ModelGeek

This is a Steampunk Model Kit by Diesel Kits! Total parts of the complete model are 23pcs which need to be assembled. A construction manual is included.  The model parts are 3D printed. You need to assemble the model. The scale is 1:24, unpainted - color is not included. The model will be delivered without the printed support Structure if possible! Only thing you have to do is to sand the remaining support dots / areas on the model, which are left during the removing of the support! Also it might be necessary, to fill some tiny gaps, that can come while release the support or/and to remove remaining support parts from printed model.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://modelgeek.com/news/the-courier

Definitely Dieselpunk, if not later; a bit reminiscent of Ernest Borgnine’s Taxi in “Escape from New York”. A nice, and interesting, model but I’m not sure of its appeal. It’s the kind of kit that requires both tools and the skill to use them, if you have those why not create something uniquely one’s own? For less money I could purchase (for example) the ancient AMT 1949 Ford Coupe and the 1950 Ford Convertible (oh why didn’t Round Two re-tool the chopped hard top option?), with some styrene and putty cross-kit some bits to build something similar to the Courier from the '49 and still be able to build the '50 as stock or a mild custom… If you have generous friends who play WH40K (or similar) and whose bits boxes runneth over (pretty much a given, with GW) it should get even easier.

Regards,

M

1 Like

Interesting concept in a scale that I like (1/35-1/32 and 1/25-1/24).

Sort of resembles the classic Marathon Checker Cab but a 2-door cab? And those wheels don’t seem to fit the rest of the design.

The price makes it available only to the financially well off hobbyists. Along the lines of what M said, why not make conversion sets for existing styrene car kits? They would probably be a little more affordable to more hobbyists.

If I Recall Correctly, there was one firm tried something like that and it didn’t last long. The problem was (I think) that they only did two sets and they were specifically designed for particular kits, exactly what I can’t recall but one was a car and the other a pickup. Generic parts kits are available for wargamers to convert small diecasts (Hot Wheels/Matchbox /etc.) for use with games systems like “Car Wars”, “Gaslands” and the like. These tend to feature weapons not based on real-world prototypes (which are available from historical Gamer/Modeller suppliers); however sources for suitable 1:24th or 1:25th scale weapons (other than WW2 German) seem to be a bit scarce. As I mentioned, if you like Sci-Fi stuff and you are bereft of all self respect and dignity you can start hanging out with players of Warhammer 40,000. :wink: Many of the kits they buy have so many options there are more parts left over than are used to build the model and tend to be so over-scale as to be useful in other contexts… As an alternative to the direct scrounge some gamers dispose of their leftovers on line, either directly or through dealers; in pre-covid days at various shows there were usually several vendors with containers of assorted plastic bits for sale.

Regards,

M

1 Like

Yep I have and built the first one they did which was designed for a Revell Mustang the limiting factor being that it had a limited appeal and being limited to a base kit which even at the time of that kits release was hard to find. I also got some of their accessories sets and started to build a ‘zombie’ police car.

1 Like

If you ever get back to that build I’d certainly like to see it!

Regards,

M