The hornet's nest Battle for Berlin, April 1945 'Inspirations' by Konstantinos Tsiompris | Armorama™

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/the-hornet-s-nest-battle-for-berlin-april-1945-inspirations-by-konstantinos-tsiompris

Have to say I am really enjoying the “Inspirations” feature on the homepage. Great idea and really living up to its moniker as far as I am concerned.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and you can definitely thank Adie for all the work he has been putting in on these over the last few weeks.

Thanks Adie! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really liked the dio EXCEPT for one or two niggling things such as the soldier standing in front of the gun shield; he is in for a rude -and deafening- awakening when they start firing! I would have found somewhere else to pose him that didn’t make him look so out of place. As well: does anyone out there know when cable reels like these came into common usage? I thought that it was too modern for 1945 but I could be wrong. Either way it proved a questionable barrier.

That style of cable reel has been around quite a while particularly in Europe, sure I’ve seen it I contemporaneous pics. I’ll have a look again to find them.

Can’t post due to copyright but check out Alamy stock photos for examples from early 1/2 of last century.

Please do as I always thought that that particular style was post-war. Makes for a pretty feeble barrier too.

Warsaw 1944,

1 Like