The last of us! 1/35 Heavy armor

The stand out thing for me (not including the painting/sculpting/weathering/dio finish) is the magnitude of the how they are built so quickly, to such detail and with so many options that each base or figures give you. Each one is an exceptional bit of work.

3 Likes

Thanks John! I must admit that I have a lot of imagination and work quite fast when I am at the work bench. And that my friends is because it’s so fun to work with dioramas.

3 Likes

I actually worked hard tonight to finish the vignette with the battle on the cliff.
It was the painting of the Saracen and details on the knight that was left, also some small details on the base. It turned out like this:

7 Likes

Ooops! I was tired at the end yesterday. When I look at the pictures now I see that I have to remake the cross. Sorry for that.

5 Likes

That looks superb Erik, lots of clever movement with how the figures are posed and the sense that the Saracen is really fighting for his life. The groundwork has been done perfectly, the whole thing now has the added height to show the doom that awaits him if he falls and gives your eye a lot more area to cover and take in all the detail.

The purple Saracen robe has been painted very nicely, love the different tones as they go dark to light and then follow the flowing contours as he moves. The Crusader cloak is also very cool, just the right amount of dirt to not hide the white and the white has been dulled down enough so it doesn’t blind you, and the creases and folds are great with how you have got them darker .

If you wanted to be adventurous, you could try a Jerusalem Cross ?

or the standard red crusader cross … lots of Templar design styles for it as well…

or if you had done a black surcoat, you could of done a Hospitaller knight …(with their version of the Jerusalem Cross.

its all looking amazing … brilliant work :+1:

5 Likes

What were you thinking??? Off with your head. :crazy_face:

Good stuff regardless of the cross issue.

3 Likes

Beautiful work there Erik- the contrasting colors of the uniforms and the small bursts of color from the plant life really draw the eye in to see all the details.

3 Likes

Or with the cross in green - the Order of Saint Lazarus; knights from any order who contracted leprosy were transferred to the care of hospitallers in Jerusalem and formed their own order.

Cheers,

M

1 Like

The knight ended up as a Maltese’s knight. I made and added a cross he is wearing around his neck.
Cheers!

5 Likes

As my Time Machine is still at the medieval era, I set up a new scenario with some figures designed by the same manufacturer as the one at the cliff: Reconquer Designs. Love these figures!
It will be called “Jerusalem” or something like “in gods country” or similar.
This is just the very first mock up. The figures will be a rounded of walls and a gate in the back. Hopefully I could cover the opening in the back so you don’t see through it.
The main figure is the woman who is turning her head back against the attacking Saracens. Her clothes will have a strong color that make the viewer identify her as the head character at once.
Other players are the fallen knight in the front and the priest with the cross in the back.
Now a good sleep! Cheers.
Pictures:

6 Likes

Those last touches are brilliant erik. Love both crosses on the Crusader, they look really good … And the Black and white images of the gate defence are very nicely set up … great work as usual.

2 Likes

Thanks John! In a way the diorama is already finished :laughing:

2 Likes

Yo, working on the building and wall. Now I have to let the putty dry over night, then continue to paint the bricks in a second step.
Cheers!

I just had to add this picture as well:)

4 Likes

You could post as is in Ukraine modeling thread. :grinning:

Sorry, I don’t get what you mean?

post it as a russian solider hit by a loitering munition.

1 Like

Yes, could be an idea:) I prefer to make a real vignette in that case with some glorious Ukrainian soldiers. That reminds me of finishing this one….

6 Likes

That looks great Erik… Love the stone work…very Holy Land… :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks John!
I have done a small wall to the left. I have begun to build the part of the building you don’t see but is needed to hold the roof.
Part are of course not glued in place yet.
Bloody roof, I was supposed to have a Roman style roof but that is too much work. Considering a flat roof instead.
Nothing is done, walls need weathering, building more paint and weathering haven’t even started.
But it is really fun to work with it.
Cheers

4 Likes

It’s great seeing it in black and white, close up… Then seeing it in perspective in colour on your bench…you then realise just how much detail you have been able to get into such a small area … Great skills Erik :+1:

3 Likes