The liberation of Kherson late 2022

The Ukrainians soldiers were greeted with joy and watermelon and reunited with mother after the liberation of Kherson in late 2022.

27 Likes

I have not been to Kherson nor Ukraine. I hope this doirama could represent the old street of Kherson.

20230427_102403-01

23 Likes

An absolutely stunning capture of a very touching moment.

Слава захисникам! Слава Україні! :ukraine:
—mike

2 Likes

Stunning work, well done!

1 Like

Amazing Job!

1 Like

Beautiful work! Excellent details and painting!

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a stunner of a piece! From the first look that beautifully painted yellow house really grabs your attention. I think you’ve captured some of the joy and relief seen on that liberation day- it certainly reminds me of the pictures of those scenes. The soldier greeting the woman on her knees is particularly poignant. The figures, both civilian and soldiers, are painted to a fine degree- the multi-cam is well observed. Plus your M113 looks like it has been through a whole lot of dirt and fighting too!

1 Like

Wow … what a fantastic scene. Captured perfectly. Great depth with the building, and it unfolds into a lovely scene of civilians greeting their fighting men… brilliant painting and weathering.

1 Like

Wow, what incredible detailing and deep emotion. You’ve captured the scene perfectly.

Outstanding work. Great job all around!

1 Like

A very dynamic scene with amazingly rich use of figures, colors, shades, and weathering. Totally awesome figure painting, display positioning, detailing, and storytelling.

2 Likes

Very nicely done! Cheers!

Nicely done sir. Everything looks great,
J

i don’t often say it but this is a masterpiece, a true work of art, well done indeed!

Very moving diorama!

I’ve never been there either, but the atmosphere you managed to get out of a couple of pieces of plastic and some resin/plaster is absolutely amazing… It grabs you by the throat and pulls you in. You keep looking at it. Nice too, to see the Dutch YPR in a actual dio…