The Road to Berlin T-34/85 | Armorama™

Building and painting Eastern Express 1/35 T-34/85 kit.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/the-road-to-berlin-t-34-85-1-35-eastern-express
1 Like

Great job on the weathering and overall finish. You would never know it was a EE :wink:

1 Like

This shows you don’t have to build the latest model to have exceptional results.
I just wish the weathering steps would be more than just a paragraph… This look is something I have been trying to achive for a while now.

1 Like

HI Panzer948,
Many thanks for taking your time to comment, I’m glad you like it. You are quite right, it could pass for a “Dragon”, perhaps … the truth is that once painted and treated, it would be very difficult for me personally to find out what brand a kit is (except fireproof oldies, maybe Tamiya … LOL).
Cheers and TC
Francis. :+1:

1 Like

Hi spongya77,
Many thanks for taking you time for comment, i’m glad you like it.
I very much agree with you, when I see kits, with “pounds” of PEs on top, it gives me a “low”, because the perfection achieved in the detailed is very high, and with an “oldie” or cheap kit, its level “sucks”, but then there is the final and decisive step (IMHO), which is weathering … once painted, everything looks the same (resin, metal, plastic …), without a doubt the higher quality model will be better, but I see Often high-quality kits and top brands, along with third-party detailing and assembly work, to finally come off as a detailed toy (at best), or even something I wouldn’t give a penny for … obviously, there are modelers who master all the techniques, and they are Masters to (try) to match …
IMHO weathering is the key to get a model with personality, unique, and interesting, so, continue working on it, today there are many resources for learning (Youtube) that did not even exist when I made my models in my first modeler stage.
Thanks to that, on my return to the hobby after more than 20 years, I have been able to catch up with everything new (and a lot of desire and enthusiasm, of course … lol).
Cheers and TC
Francis. :+1:

1 Like