Thracian heavy infantryman 75mm

My latest 3D printed figure, digital sculpt kindly provided by my friend Georgi Stamov. Nicely detailed figure, roughly 75mm in scale, I will add only the shield straps :slight_smile:

Cheers!

5 Likes

The figure looks good. Look forward to seeing you paint it.

1 Like

I am very curious to see how you do it. The figure is excellent :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

Skin painting and base metal for the armor. I used AK Rusty gold for the base bronze, I will ad more variation to it later. That piece on the neck is from gold, wore from high ranking Thracians. The face mask is silver.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Another beauty in the works. :+1:

1 Like

I drybrushed a mix of Vallejo game air Bright bronze and Burnt umber ink, for the main bronze hue. Then I added Citrine alchemy from Scale75 to the mix for highlights.

3 Likes

Painting the cloth and decorations. The shield is from wood, covered with leather and bronze plate on the outside.

3 Likes

I did a small base with Earth paste and sprinkling static grass:

Cheers!

3 Likes

@ Venco (Venelin). Beautifully done! Another striking collaboration with your friend, Georgi Stamov. Thank you both for sharing with us.:smiley:

—mike

1 Like

Thanks!
He is selling the figures as high quality resin castings, if someone is interested, I can provide contact (he has Facebook also with portfolio). I made the master for this figure with 3D printing, the figures are really nice :slight_smile:
Regards!

2 Likes

I have almost email him twice this weekend. The figures look great as is your painting job. I feel my caveman painting would be a let down.

Plus I am torn on getting the Scale75 paints, they look great but can I use them and effectively for the cost.

1 Like

Hi, beware that Scale75 are different to use, that’s why many people are scared by them :grin:
But they are excellent for smooth blends :wink:

1 Like

That has been what the research I have done suggests and the reason for the pause comes from. I like the idea but am concerned about my execution. Those two worlds seem to never align for me.

3 Likes

I can recommend also AK 3rd gen for their good coverage and wide range of paints and thematic sets. They also separate less than Scale75 and easier to shake. Maybe my favorite brands of paints for figures :wink:
I used to use Vallejo, but I like the more matte finish of Scale75 and AK. But Vallejo are still great.

1 Like

Thanks. I rewatched your review video for Scale75 paints. With a 15% off sale, I took a leap. Still gun shy about AK products because of the pencil issue.

2 Likes

The watercolor pencils? What issues do you had? I have several of them, but didn’t use them much.

Been awhile since the last time I tried them. Like Matt I got the large set. I think maybe the issue Darren mentioned in the second post might be the reason with core going hard. I would have to double check. My experience did not match the videos.

Apparently my paint hasn’t shipped yet which is strange given my past orders time lines. Maybe next week.

1 Like