Tiger I Ausf. H2, 7.5cm KwK42, Dragon 1/35 | Armorama

Dragon/Smart kit, 1/35 #6883. It represents 13. Panzer Regt., LAH, Prokhorovka, Operation Citadel (Battle of Kursk), July 1943.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/list/tiger-i-ausf--h2-7-5cm-kwk42-dragon-1-35

Nicely painted but for the sad reality that that turret/hull configuration never existed for service use; Rheinmetall only produced a wooden mock-up which, therefore, never saw action at Kursk -or anywhere else for that matter. As another example of “what if?” it has some merit but not if presented as reality. Still, nicely done!

Thanks for your kind comments Taeuss.

I have the following data: This Tiger I Ausf. H2 was a prototype by the Henschel company. Only a wooden mock-up of the turret was ever made, as Henschel eventually decided to focus on the H1 type in late 1941 and the turret with the 7.5 cm gun was discarded. In any case, has been recreate this Tiger H2 prototype with Dragon’s latest kit. This kit enter in the Category “What if?”, the kit coming with decals of three different schemes as if he had been in combat, but in spite of that, this vehicle it not was finished and much less It entered into in action.

Wooden turret

Regards!
Rodolfo