Tiger Initial Vignette

Speak for yourself, please. If you don’t care about accuracy, that’s fine. But I do, others do, and we appreciate technical information. Specially when coming from someone with a vast knowledge on the subject like David Byrden.

The fact that he, or others, do not build models is irrelevant in this case: do you need to cook a meal better than the chef to know if it is raw or too salted? Do you need to build a wall to comment if it is not straight?

2 Likes

And model related - The crew … what set were they from and did you have to perform much surgery on them for the card holding etc ?

If you were familiar with my models you would know about my emphasis on accuracy…
Your meal example doesn’t quite fit because it all comes done to the individual taste/receptors.
And for the wall … actually you do need to apply specific parameters to know if a wall is straight or not … eyesight isn’t proof in case of dispute. So yes it is most helpful (in professional life) if one is able build a wall or not … that’s only if you care about accuracy.

Looks like the Masterbox set Die Skatspieler

2 Likes

Excellent dio mate.

However, they were in Africa, serving under von Arnim.

Bill Morrison

It is a great diorama! It reminds me that war is 99% boredom and 1% excitement.

Bill Morrison

So what. David and others point out details. The builder has the choice to incorporate those details or not. That choice is on the builder. Thomas Kinkaid paints scenes that are not realistic. He would point that out. However that is his style that makes him well known. Many model builders want an accurate representation of the kit they are building. Other modelers advice is helpful. Some are building as is out of the box in the color that is pleasing to them, That’s OK also. They usually state that is what they are doing and then people comment on how it looks holistically. If people did not want people to see their work or to comment on it, then do not post the photo’s. David is known as more of a researcher than builder. That’s OK. Most art experts are not painters but their comments are still valid. When I build a kit I want it to be as accurate as possible to a point. I do not have the patience to create detail to the level some of the artists create on this forum. My hats off to them. Maybe you like to model crazy painted armored vehicles that would be fun. Please don’t get grumpy when advice or suggestions are offered. Just say you are just building for fun and they will understand.

I think this would be a great campaign by the way.
See the source image