Tracks on Abrams X

They look like Bronco tracks

1 Like

It looks like it, but who knows since this is a conjecture kit of a technology demonstrator. It is basically sci-fi.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a clear vision block on that hatch. I’m really not fast; I typically hit a problem point (painting, usually) and shelve it. But this really did fly together; the non track pieces are crisp and fall together. More sprue bits to remove than Tamiya but fewer than Meng. Tracks excluded of course.

3 Likes

I see 3 hatches in the front, so access hatch for ammo, electronics gear etc.

As Gino said tech demo, there is probably not a ton of interior kit yet, they are focused on weight, power, drive train, lighter but better armor etc. overcoming sensor detection, the gun, fire control, commo are probably similar to current (if they are there).

1 Like

here is what think is going to happen with the advent of the M1E3 the Abrams X will remain a GDLS concept and maybe a test bed for the eventual A3 the follow on to the M1A2 with be a M1A3 some but not all of tech from the Abrams X will be adopted

1. In order to save cost the A3 will retain the 4 man crew in a new turret bettter suited for the trophy system to be better integrated than just scabbed on as in the A2 as far as armament the new XM360 120mm lightweight main gun, a crows of some sort with a M2 ,and a loaders 7.62mm or the new sig MG firing the new .338 norma magnum round and for the coax sigs new Mg firing thr .338 norna magnum
  2. replace all the wiring to save more weight and a new advanced fire control
    3 Use the hybrid powerpack from the Abrams x
1 Like

Could be, I think the crew size may get reconsidered, part of the press with automation is manpower “savings”. Have to have the war in heaven about auto loader vs. human loader though. Hybrid power pack, reduced electronics, active protection, other signature reduction all in play. Armament wise- probably not much change right now, industry can’t shift to new ammo size/type in near term. The 6.8 will be enough of a challenge until productions get sorted out.

1 Like

But i think the the XM360 120mm gun will be the main armament of the A3
from what i read about it i had a higher muzzle velocity than the M256 and can withstand a higher chamber pressure and still fire all the same ammo as the M256

2 Likes

Did you go with kit tracks or get the RFM set?

1 Like

As a tanker, 4 men are better. You are always down a crewman due to KP. Sgt Majors police call, guard duty, sick call etc…

2 Likes

correct me if im wrong is the average american tanker 6ft?
if thats the case how can 3 big guys fit comfortably in the front hull of the Abrams X?

one things that puzzles me where are the fuel tanks i dont see no filler caps

Boxed it for the moment; track sets are really expensive and i haven’t found an Abrams I want to sacrifice as parts yet.

1 Like

Understand, I just started working on the kit tracks, they are not great in terms of fit- they certainly don’t snap together as the instructions show. Didn’t know if anyone had test fit another set.

1 Like

Totally agree.

1 Like