Trumpeter Leopold

has anybody built the 1/35 leopold

I’ve built the Dragon version.

Not yet… It is in the stash…
Why do you ask?

Just got the kit off a friend who thought he would not get around to starting it. do you need any after market things to enhance it or is it fine O.O.T.B. just asking as this will be my first build of a Trumpeter product

Just got the kit off a friend who thought he would not get around to starting it. do you need any after market things to enhance it or is it fine O.O.T.B. just asking as this will be my first build of a Trumpeter product thanks

Both versions have their pros and cons, but I believe yours has the edge in terms of detail from what I read. I got mine super cheap so I was willing to accept the lesser detail. I’m pretty sure there is a comparison of the two online that also suggests areas where details can be enhanced but I do not recall the link atm.

I did get a set of decals from Peddinghaus to have some of the markings missing from the Dragon kit but I am not sure what Trumpeter includes; mine did come with aluminum shells and a set of crew figures but those can be found separately on ebay if you want them. I have not completed the base as I want to connect it to my other railway cars and add ballast and grass to it. Beyond that the only remaining thing I added were some electrical panel placards for the tender and control panels that I lifted from a Luftwaffe cockpit set. 1/32 was close enough to 1/35 to satisfy me.