Twin-engine bombers

Thought the back wall of the nose compartment looked a little blank, so used a little imagination to add some detail. Couldn’t find much that showed this area, but thought something was better than nothing.

And added some paint to the inside. I used Vallejo’s 70879 Green-Brown.

4 Likes

Has anyone here built the Airfix B-25 in 1/72? I’m very aware of running out of time in this campaign. I was going to do the Zvezda SU-25 but doubt I can get that done in 6 weeks (even if it were built and painted now I’m not sure I could get all the stencils on it). Wondering whether to make a dash with the Airfix kit or just be content to watch everyone else’s nice builds go by.

The new tool?
It’s supposed to be quite good but so I haven’t found one myself. Would be interesting to see it built.

Someone started one here a long time ago, but he was super detailing the interior. And I can’t find the thread now…

Hmmm. I also have an airfix classic SM79 that looks pretty simple and I also want to do. I think I’ll do that!

1 Like

Start pic. I’ll do it straight out of the box. I ordered canopy masks for the painting…

2 Likes

I don’t mean to be a downer, but that’s not really a twin-engined bomber. It has three.

Michael :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Ouch! You are correct, sir!

Back to the drawing board…

Sorry, didn’t want you to get started only to get flagged on it.

Michael

It’s one of those things that once stated is so obvious!

1 Like

Maybe we could follow up this campaign next year with a tri-motor campaign? I’ve got a few in the stash.

1 Like

That’s me, Captain Obvious! (Ask my wife and kids.)

Michael :superhero:

I think that’s a great idea! Do we have a 2024 campaign ideas thread yet?

1 Like

Not yet, but the campaign idea thread is so full of good ideas they’re probably plenty for next year. Can squeeze a tri-motor in, but I remember the suggestion of a Made in Italy campaign and Italy did build a lot more of them than anyone else!

The interior of the Lily is pretty much done. Just seatbelts and final assembly of the parts and she’ll be ready to close up.

Painted the main gear wells with AK’s Aotake. Needed a couple of coats as it wasn’t as opaque as I thought it would be. Would probably work best over aluminium rather than the brushed white primer I used. Live and learn. The Aotake did brush on quite nicely though.

2 Likes

Hi mates,
I declare my build (Arado Ar-234 B2) done!

Now I can write off my old Revell kit, mothballed in my basement… :laughing:
Good luck for all for the deadline!
Peter :raising_hand_man:

11 Likes

3Motor, good plan,… As long as it’s not bombers only i have some also in the stash (Ju-52, do-24, CANT Z.506)

1 Like

Would you believe …

a Blenheim?

Even though this is the fighter boxing, I’m just doing it as a bomber…

4 Likes

Congratulations on finishing. That’s turned out really nice.

Some more work on the Lily today. From what I could work out from photos, the Lily only provided it’s crew with lap belts. Must’ve been fun in a rough landing.

3 Likes

Hey, hey.

A few minutes ago, looking through the contents of a storage box, I found an Italeri HS-129 B 3 Tank Buster in 1:72 scale, not started. It must be 20 years old. Would it qualify for this campaign?

The kit only has about 50 parts. I have not completed a plastic model airplane since I was a kid but…maybe a month is enough time? It might be fun to practice on an airplane or two in addition to all the ground stuff.

1 Like

Nice one, Peter. Congrats on finishing!

1 Like