US Army's New M10 Booker (MPF)

That’s a tad harsh. The TACOM guys I"ve met on various posts are very accommodating, allowing me access to vehicles that others don’t usually get. They even let my daughter TC a Bradley once. She was thrilled.

2 Likes

At Ft. Liberty, 82nd Airborne. Photo by PEO Ground Systems, LinkedIn.

2 Likes

ezgif-5-5eaf088a0d

1 Like

The Patriot worked from the outset, even in the Gulf War. The problem was that it was an antiaircraft system pressed into service as an anti-tactical ballistic missile system. For AA use its blast/fragmentation warhead with proximity fuzing was adequate to shoot down any aircraft. For the ATBM role however it is necessary to hit the target and detonate the warhead well away from the target and high in the atmosphere; simply shredding the missile and causing the fuselage and warhead to impact the ground relatively intact away from the target was, perhaps, tolerable in a battlefield situation but not when defending urban areas.

By the criteria of the critics of Patriot in the Gulf War, fighters and antiaircraft guns didn’t “work” in WW II either, because every enemy bomber shot down still crashed into the ground and spilled their bombs in the defended country.

KL

1 Like