Volkssturm Diorama

I had previously posted photos of the base I was working on for this small diorama. Well, now I’ve added the figures. There’s the enthusiastic young one with his bicycle and Panzerfaust, the WW1 vet who kept his helmet and Mauser C96 Machine pistol, the middle aged man whose eyesight was so bad he couldn’t join the Wehrmacht earlier and the regular soldier who lost an eye on the ost front and had been recuperating in Berlin. I’m not quite sure any of them know what they are doing there other than being cannon fodder.
Anyway, here’s ‘Deutscher Volkssturm Wehrmacht’ …

IMG_415324270

IMG_415424271

IMG_415024267

10 Likes

Great backstory that captures the desperation of the final months/days of the Thousand Year Reich. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I agree. The character identifications really help to convey that moment. Nicely done! :beer:

—mike

1 Like

I really envy the guys that have such creativity and imagination. As a teenager I didn’t seem to have a problem coming up with ideas and executing them. When I cam back to serious building after grad school I kind of lost that ability. Build lots of dios as a teen. Build several in my late 20s early 30s none of which I ws particularly happy with. Not tried one since. Still like to look at them though and this site has tons of great story tellers.

2 Likes

Very cool Charles , figs , base , backstory , excellent !!

1 Like

GREAT1 vignette Charles…really like all the elements and the paint job both
base and figures.
Where did you source out the Mauser C96 pistol?
Cheers,

1 Like

The Mauser came from ICM kit # 35695 'German Infantry in Gas Masks (1918). There’s a whole weapon sprue that only several of the rifles are called for in the kit. Lots of spare stuff :+1:t2:

Cheers,
C.
external-content.duckduckgo

1 Like

very nice and well-built base, figures and building. good story. Good job​:raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I have submitted this as an Armorama Photo Feature with many different pictures. What I love about the forums is the ability to add photos so easily. I hope I don’t bore anyone but I made some ‘ambiance’ photos with backgrounds I found on the internet.
Here goes…

Cheers,
C.

5 Likes

I really like the ones with the smoke/haze. Very atmospheric. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Looking really good Charles.

1 Like

I love the pictures Charles they have a drab quality about them which certainly sets the mood for that time period

2 Likes

Great little scene! Nice work! /Erik

1 Like