Voyager: Update Sets for US Hellcat, German Leopard, and More | Armorama™

There is already a book on PE available: “AK LEARNING 07: PHOTOETCHED PARTS” by Adam Wilder.

AK LEARNING 07: PHOTOETCHED PARTS

Well, there you go, then.

Michael, I received the AK Interactive / Wilder PE book today. I learned more about soldering from your posts in this thread than from the book. It has lots of nice pictures on some extremely well-done PE and very little on how to achieve those results.

So, PLEASE proceed with your book and put me down for a copy.

2 Likes

There is a 3D printed slat armor in one part for the Fennek in 1:35 scale from Shapeways, don’t know about the thickness but it is straight enough.

1 Like

Perhaps because the slat armor in styrene is a bit thick ?

I try to build a PE slat armor for a stryker in 1:35 scale with Eduard sets. For this vehicle there isn’t any other choice for the slat armor material.
And of course it is not exactly a funny built !

I guess the decisive step is when the full cage must be fixed on the vehicle, without break the panels.

Eduard instructions don’t take advices for this.

I hope front and rear panels will fit the big side panels.

3 Likes

Agreed on all points! The book shows some techniques, but not very in-depth. It could easily be expanded upon!

Cheers, JC

I don’t have the book so I can’t say much on Adam’s presentation… but I have seen several Mike’s in-depth responses to various themes and I like his way of explaining things. Very easy to follow and very detailed step-by-step info.

So, +1 for Mike’s book. Or Armorama in-depth PE article. :innocent:

Mario

Mais c’est l’horreur ! :smile:

Kudos for your patience! Now, as you said, it will be tricky to add these to the model! And even super fragile afterwards.

1 Like

Thank you ! :+1: