Waiting for New Orders - 1/35

Metalhead85, Jerry and Johnny - you’re always welcome! :+1:

Positioning and checking the best places for the trees.

Gelson

9 Likes

Hi, some more…

Regards,
Gelson

11 Likes

I really like your work. Composition and atmosphere are top notch… I have one remark about the trees, and that is the fact that they lack the roots. Firs always have the top of their root system showing and because of that, the lower part will be wider than, say, a metre above the ground.

3 Likes

Hi, golikell!
You’re right about the tree roots. I didn’t gave them the proper attention. I will be more careful next time :upside_down_face:. Thank you to point it up. :+1:
The final pictures of the work. After being waiting a long time for the figures.

There are some more to show soon.

Thanks

9 Likes

Hi, with the last and final pictures of this bloody forest…! :blush: :sunglasses:

The next dio will be with a desert landscape. No more trees please! :crazy_face:

Thanks for watching, comments, likes and so…
Gelson

13 Likes

Roots or no roots, I still love the whole setting! :+1:

I feel the comment re fir trees is just plain wrong; whilst I’m no arborealist in my recollection of most plantations firs do not have their roots exposed. Thanks for the tutorial on making model firs - very helpful indeed.

And of course, the whole diorama is excellent - set off by the trees!

2 Likes

I reacted to the missing root flare as well but it also depends on the ground they are growing in.
In the ditch the “black” soil is showing and in that type of ground the root flare would be minimal.
Bootsdms wrote about firs in plantations above: Wholeheartedly agree :+1:
It can be like this:
bild

or like this
bild

A little undergrowth such as moss, grasses or low shrubs could hide a few of the trees.

This type of “forest”, cough cough, is sometimes called Hitler-forest because they all stand in straight rows …

5 Likes

Really nice to see a diorama with so many excellent trees- it really does look like a forest should. Fantastic work!

1 Like

Nice finish to a great dio!
J

“Very interesting.”

That is a fantastic rendition of a forest with the uneven track and small clearing. You could leave the vehicles out completely and it would still look brilliant. The trees are superb… You should be really happy with how they look. Very very well done :+1::+1:

Hi, fellows!
I’m very glad that something good has been achieved. I’d like to thank all the comments, critics and so. This was a very good experience for me. But, anyway, my next project surely will take place in a very desertic landscape. Just rocks and sand. :sunglasses: :smile:
Thank you all.
Gelson

3 Likes

don’t get mad or anything, but looking at the photos I kept expecting Sgt. Schultz to pop in thru the door!
gary

2 Likes

Hi, Gary!
In the hands of a skilfull figure sculptor “Hogan’s Heroes” will become a nice diorama project.
Thanks for the comment.
Gelson

2 Likes

I love Banner playing Sgt. Schultz! Be a lot of fun to do one
gary

1 Like

I see nothingg!!! I hear nothingg!!
tenor (2)

3 Likes