"Wake-Up Thunder" M109 full interior/Vietnam dio

This is my latest work.

“Wake-up Thunder”
An M109 howitzer in a fire support base somewhere in Vietnam.
The crew is about ready for the first round. Except one crew member who is going to be awake soon :wink:

I used the AFV Club M109 with the interior by Black Dog. The base is an old Verlinden kit witch i always wanted to built since i saw it in an Verlinden book as a kid.
Figures are all by Paracel Miniatures.

Thanks for watching.
Cheers

19 Likes

Looking good.
But the interior could use a little filth in it since in that AO the red dust got into everything and on everything.
Keep it up. I also wanted that base from the first time a saw it.

1 Like

Awesome work, appreciate the removeable “lid”.
Nicely done interior as well as the overall dio!

Dave :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Beautiful work!

1 Like

like your build very much, but there is one minor error in it. Arty units used field phones that were hard wired to the Chief Of Smoke’s bunker. Reason why? You can’t jam them, and are also much more reliable. The sand bag walls should be wide and long enough to allow the hull to do a radical azimuth shift. They shot a full 360 degrees
gary

2 Likes

Beautiful job!

1 Like

Great looking diorama. I feel sorry for that poor sob near the muzzle…

1 Like

Canadian Army Alarm Clock. :rofl:

2 Likes

samething happened to me about four in the morning on LZ Ross. I was curled up in a wool Army blanket out on the helo pad waiting for choppers to roll in a eight in the morning. I never noticed the 175 guns dug in about 200 yards behind me. The pad was nothing but pea gravel and sand. The M107s fired and I thought I was dead! It blew me off the ground, and then blasted me with the gravel.
gary

3 Likes