What are you going to get done this weekend?

My two hurricanes for the Battle of Britain group build are almost done. Need to paint and attach the canopy, attach the antenna and the tail wheel and they are done. Expect to finish that this weekend.

And my phantom for the Phantom campaign is close. I have to attach the underwing ordinance, put the final varnish on, and she will be done.

I hope to complete both of these this weekend.

2 Likes

@phil2015

Don’t have any armor or planes close enough to done right now, but I do have my first car model in 26 years where I think this weekend will see it done. AMT 1970 Corvette LT-1 in 1/24. Got the bug recently to try and build all the cool cars my family has owned since my birth. Have a 1965 Shelby Mustang GT350 to do up as my mom’s car as well as her '69 Nova SS.

My project for next year is to build 11 Pzkpfw III kits simultaneously.

1 Like

Your mom has a 65 Shelby Mustang???

1 Like

I have a 1/1 home this weekend, but I will try to find some time for finishing paint on my T-55A, and anti neutron layers on T-90 cast turret Master.
Both in 1/48th

1 Like

Won’t finish anything this weekend,but I will be working on my Tamiya/Tasca Easy 8.I am building it as"Fury" from the 2014 movie with Brad Pitt

1 Like

I’m hoping to get something accomplished on my AMK Mig-31 that has taken over my work bench. Thing is huge!

2 Likes

Well, got a very nice coat of Popsicle Orange on the Corvette, and noticed a tiny cat hair stuck to a fender. While trying to extricate it without making a mark, the body slid loose from the stand and tumbled to the table and hit a paper towel, leaving marks all in the paint. If it strips clean by tomorrow I might still get it done. Ay yi yi.

1 Like

Gonna try to finish my Eduard 1/48 Fokker D1. Finishing it in von Richthofen colors.
:smiley:

1 Like

Finishing 1/48 Master of T-90 Welded turret
And working on hull

1 Like

I need to get my mojo back…haven’t spent a second at my bench in months (other than working on things completely not related to modelling because that happened to be where the right tools were).

:beer:

1 Like

A few bits and pieces on that WNW Rumpler. Close to the finishing line but always keep finding some little thing that needs doing.

And get the decals on a Romulan Bird-of-Prey for the Sci-fi group build.

1 Like

I’m working on my 1/48 Phantom more - hope to get the cockpit done.

I also hope to get back to my Lend Lease Valentine which got pushed down on the project list. But I’d like to get going on that again. My goal to get this weekend is assembling the track. I made a couple of mistakes in assembly order making this step harder than it should be, but if I can get past that, the rest of the build should go quickly and smoothly I think.

2 Likes

I am getting close to finishing my Hotspur glider and I am doing some prep work on a old 1/72 Revell Brewster Buffalo. It will be painted in Dutch East India Air Force camo.

1 Like

My goal is to finish the construction on my Bronco Valentine. I have one more bit of metal work which once I have attached I will add all the handles I left off until the end for fear of breaking them. There are a lot of handles, but I’ll be happy to be back to working with plastic rather than the fiddly PE.

1 Like

Still removing the rubbish decals on an AMT Romulan Bird-of-Prey.
Weathering and installing the interior in a CSM Lanchester Armoured Car.
Some work on the interior of Deckard’s Sedan.
And if I get a spare 5 minutes, catch up on that Airfix Spitfire VC.

Best laid plans and all that.

1 Like

A few things, but this will be completed by Sunday.

2 Likes

Hope to have my 1/72 Tornado GR.1 painted by Sunday. Also finish PE work on the turret of my 1/35 Pz. iii.

1 Like

If all goes according to plan, I will have assembled 136 road wheels, 66 return rollers, 22 drive wheels, and 22 idlers.

1 Like

Is that binge building?

Yes. It is exactly that. I am clearing my Pz III and variants stash to make room for new kits. I am essentially building the same kit 11 times.