What are you reading

After digging and digging. I have finally been able to reread a long lost book that is hard for me to put down.

6 Likes

6 Likes

This guy knows exactly what he is talking about. I think that’s the reason why his books are so helpful. He discribes what I have thought by using my airbrush. This is the best modeling guide I have ever seen. Everyone who has any problem or any question to the use of an airbrush must get this magazine!!!
I know, I wrote about it before but it’s really good✌

4 Likes

Finished, The Eighth Day, Dianne K. Salerni. It is YA Fiction and I almost put it down but it was D&D enough to keep me interested. Also, interesting is that the author made an eighth day between Wednesday and Thursday which is also where Burma puts their eighth day. Actually they have two Wednesdays. The Wednesday after the regular Wednesday is a ‘dark’ Wednesday similar to how this story describes the eighth day as well :thinking:

Now starting a non fiction, Lexicon Devil, The Fast Times and Short Life of Darby Crash and The Germs. By Brendan Mullen with Don Bolles and Adam Parfrey.

3 Likes

Fatal Crossroads, about the Malmedy Massacre during the Battle of The Bulge.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Currently reading this one for a review for Pen & Sword Books and Casemate Publishers.

The Pirate Captain Ned Low - His Life and Mysterious Fate

6 Likes

is this a work of fiction as i have not heard of this pirate before?

1 Like

Nope

3 Likes

A nasty piece of work.

2 Likes

Just read the whole article and he was not a jolly fellow indeed…

3 Likes

6 Likes

DSC00285

7 Likes

I started The Correspondents and stopped. It is about 6 female war correspondents. The first one becomes Earnest Hemingway’s mistress. A large part is just the relationships and not so much the correspondent experiences. Not highly recommended.

Started another book. Shoot Like a Girl. It is about her challenges becoming an Air Force Maintenance Officer and eventually becomes a helicopter pilot. A better read, so far.

5 Likes

After finishing The Story of the Big E, next up is the RN’s equivalent, HMS Illustrious’ adventures in the Med :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Currently reading this one for a book review for Osprey Publishing.

British Cavalryman vs German Cavalryman - Belgium and France 1914

6 Likes

This one looks interesting. Where can I read your work about this?

2 Likes

Published 2023 by Newsouth Publishing (ISBN 9781742237923)

I’m not aware this aspect of the bombing of Germany (specifically RAF Lancasters) has ever surfaced before and it’s a real can’t-put-downer. Five journalists including Ed Murrow (two American, two Australian & one Norwegian) were selected/invited – and most importantly volunteered, in late 1943 to fly a mission to Berlin & publish their report/experience. They took off in five separate Lancs on the same night & only two returned, another was captured.

Their personal accounts (those that survived) are augmented with memoirs from surviving crews on that raid and others, and also from German civilians which provides an appropriate balance to the whole book. It makes for intense & profoundly moving reading and I’m only half way through it.

7 Likes

I lost my copy years ago … was a good read

3 Likes

Once I finish reading it and I write up my review it will be posted here on the Armorama page. I should have it finished up later this month. Thank you for the interest. :slight_smile:

2 Likes