What are you reading

I couldn’t agree more, you’re right for some reason that particular picture resonates with me too. :+1:

Watto. :beers:

2 Likes

I just bought “The Unit” by alias Adam Gamal of the ultra-Top Secret elite JSOC unit that doesn’t exist.

It’s “Hot off the Presses,” having been published in February 20, 2024.

2 Likes

just finished this book by Robbie Krieger who was the guitarist for the doors. it’s better than the othe band members books as he has a relaxed style of writing shows that not only does he have a sense of humour but that legendary singer Jim Morrison also had one which is not shown in Oliver Stone’s movie.

3 Likes

Just finished the aviators. Awesome book. The author made some technical “factual typos” but otherwise it is an excellent look at the lives of Rickenbacker, Lindbergh, and Doolittle.

Now reading

6 Likes

“A Peace to End All Peace” by David Fromkin.

You may know a lot about the modern history of the Middle East and how things got the way they are today (I know I thought so…). However, the history is almost certainly more convoluted than you thought.

Wiki:: A Peace to End All Peace by David Fromkin

You can pick up a used copy for just a couple of bucks. It will be worth your time to read it.

4 Likes

That’s a good one. The movie ‘The Great Raid’ based on this book wasn’t bad either.

2 Likes

I am currently reading this one that was sent to me by Osprey Publishing for a review.

Me 262, Northwest Europe 1944–45

7 Likes

I read the Osprey version of this rescue mission. Awesome story.

1 Like

I was repairing a cupboard door, found this inside and lost an hour working my way through it… The door is now repaired so, I might have another half hour :wink::slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Thinking, it might be time to revisit this classic that was published 50 years ago in 1974 and has withstood the test of time. I remember when it was quite a buzz in the 70’s & 80’s.

Read it in the 80’s, again in the 90’s, probably time for a reread.

@18bravo , when do you think is a good time to reread Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance ?

3 Likes

I’m overdue to re-read that.

1 Like

I reread portions of it all the time. One of the guiding books of my formulative years.

2 Likes

I need to read that one. Heard good things about it.

2 Likes

Chugging through “50 Masterpieces of Occult and Supernatural Fiction, vol 1”. The stories make me want to smoke a pipe and have a small glass of drink.

3 Likes

i love the artwork for that book

1 Like

Books about the hollow earth. Of course, I don’t believe any of it, but books like “The Smoky God” are entertaining in that late poor man’s Jules Verne 19th Century manner.

Then there are the Shaver Mysteries which have a tie in.

Hollow Earth is also a very good Death Metal band, for that matter. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

some light reading for the weekend and plenty of interesting photographs

4 Likes

My toilet read for the next few weeks.

6 Likes

There’s got to be a bad pun in that post somewhere, has to be.

1 Like

I finally finished reading this. I bought it around 2017 when it was first released, and due to being so busy with life’s errands, it took me YEARS to finish reading it as it just sat on my desk along with other reading material. As such, I really don’t remember much of what was taught, and I’m not a Buddhist. Nonetheless, “The Book of Joy” offers a fascinating “psychological view” of what is joy, what is grief, how to obtain joy, and the final meeting of these two powerful religious figures from two religions…Buddhism and Anglican/Christian.

The Archbishop Desmond Tutu passed way in 2021.

For anyone who wants to read it, I highly recommend not taking years to finish it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes