What catches your fancy?

A big box containing an uncomplicated build and a lot of empty volume.
Frees up space in the stash …

Edit: Flimsy boxes which are not “stash compatible” can also get boosted to the front of the queue. Build it before it gets crushed …

3 Likes

Robin makes an,excellent point about freeing up space. My last build was Tamiya’s new KV-1. Only because the box didn’t fit in the stash on the WW2 Russian tank shelf with the T-34’s & JS2 etc.

Build and buy might be different and might not be related to one another. I buy if I see something interesting that I don’t have or noticably better than what I have. That usually is caused by a new release or an interesting build I saw. I also buy the aftermarket parts at the time of kit purchase because my past experience has found that if you buy an older kit, you may not find the aftermarket items you want. Building is different. I may build because of a campaign or something that fits my mood at the time. Do I want a Tamiya Cromwell easy build or am I motivated to do a 900 piece kit. Am I burnt out on armor then out comes a wingy thing or a car model. I have found that buying is outpacing building at this time of my life but hey, I will just have more options to choose from.

Good topic.
Initially for me it was WW2 German armour, Panthers, Tigers and King Tigers and their variants. But then after so many of the above… I found I was getting a bit bored of them, but wasn’t sure what to do. When I properly got involved in Armourama/kitmaker the campaigns took on a big part of the builds I did, and luckily they were all things I had in my small limited stash. I then decided I was going to build all the major Tanks/CVRTs I had served in, so started of with the Scimitar, Chally1, I’m now on the Striker and I have Mk10 Chieftain Stillbrew waiting to do after that. I have recently also taken more of an interest in modern armour, and have decided to do the M1A1 &A2, a Chally2 and a Leo 2A6 or 7. I will also be looking at dipping into the Star Wars universe with a group build later in the year…I love watching people build aircraft and ships, but for me they are just to fiddly, and could never get them to standard I’d be happy with…

Anything with a Canadian or Japanese origin :joy: And, most importantly, NO LOW-VIS!

1 Like